• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Machine won't detect radeon 9500 pro

alexj69

Limp Gawd
Joined
Sep 11, 2002
Messages
326
Just installed a 9500 pro, but the dialog that usually comes up saying it's detected a new card, etc etc etc doesn't come up. So, when I try to install the cat 4.8s, it gives an error saying it needs to install a basic vga driver of some sort before i continue. What do I do?

I have a MiniQ SFF machine, an nforce 2 motherboard and a built in geforce 4mx that i was using before. I uninstalled those drivers before installing the ati card, so what's wrong?
 
screenshot of error:
screenshotati.JPG
 
Did you accidently uninstall the nForce drivers (mobo drivers)? Maybe you need to re-install the platform drivers first.
 
make sure you have all windows updates

You DO need Direct X 9 Before you install that stuff :p
 
Actually I figured out that my nforce drivers had a problem in them. Somewhere in there, a driver was messed up, I reinstalled it and it fixed the problem. Thanks.
 
Back
Top