MacHeist Bundle - $50

Arch

Gawd
I'm surprised I don't see a thread on this. MacHeist is currently selling a software bundle for $50. I jumped on this yesterday mainly for 1Passwd and Cha-Ching. I must say I'm very pleased with both applications. 1Passwd is truely fantastic.

Pixelmator should be unlocked by late tomorrow or early Tuesday, so that's a great image editing program.

You can buy the bundle from http://www.macheist.com. Or, if you want to hook me up, buy from my "invite a friend" URL here: https://www.macheist.com/buy/invite/90165 . Both URLs go to the same place, so use whichever you prefer.

In any case, thought I'd share the love.

Looks like a good deal but truthfully the only thing that looks extremely useful is the 1password application. Well, for me anyways. :)

ya, none of those apps are really compelling and the entire package isn't worth $50 to me.

saw this and was kinda interested. i have a couple aps from the macupdate bundles in the past. still there are a couple im interested in, unfortunately one, pixelmator, isnt unlocked yet. if that opens up, ill consider.

saw this and was kinda interested. i have a couple aps from the macupdate bundles in the past. still there are a couple im interested in, unfortunately one, pixelmator, isnt unlocked yet. if that opens up, ill consider.

PixelMator is now available. It unlocked this afternoon.

AWWWWWWWWW SNAP! guess i might have to drop some cash on some more softwarez for my macs. unfortunately i will be getting some redundant programs here....

SpeedDownload is really quite useful, even without the additional speed. Most browsers have appalling download managers (or simply LACK download managers).

SpeedDownload is really quite useful, even without the additional speed. Most browsers have appalling download managers (or simply LACK download managers).

SpeedDownload is the only app from the bundle I haven't installed yet. I guess I don't do enough downloading. I may load it to just take a look though.

PixelMator looks very nice.

Is Pixelmator all good now? I tried a beta back some months ago, actually - quite a while ago and it was meh at best. It ran sluggish on the most powerful of mac's. Im chalking this up to it being an early beta.

Any thoughts? How does it compare to other image editing things? Dont compare to photoshop, $49 program can never compare to PS.

Thanks

Couple of new apps added, Wingnus 2 (game), TikiMiniGolf (game), and we're waiting for VectorDesigner to open up.

If you haven't bought yet, now is the time.

I sprung for the bundle last night- here are my impressions on the programs:

Snapz Pro X: Haven't had a chance or reason t use this yet, but I've seen it in action, and I imagine it'll come in handy at some point or another. I've always been a fan of Ambrosia Software, so I'll use it if for no better reason than that.

Pixelmator: I wasn't too sure what tot think of Pixelmator at first, but It's actually replaced CS3 on my Dock for now. Admittedly it's not nearly as powerful, but for basic photo editing, it's ideal. Lots of clever, interactive filters, a strong set of tools, and hands down the best GUI I've ever seen. By far the cleverest bit is a dot attached to a cable that can be dragged around to make determinations on angle and randomization. It's really a lot of fun.

CSSEdit: Can't really comment on this, I don't do a whole heck of a lot of coding, but I might experiment with it a bit to see what it does- the description sounds interesting enough.

AppZapper: Tremendously useful, and works as advertised- finds all the little system files that programs leave scattered around and removes them at the same time as the program itself.

Tiki Magic Mini Golf: Downloading this now, it looks like a good time waster is nothing else.

CoverSutra: Personally, I really like this, once you get the settings the way you like them, its easy to find and play music without having to look at iTunes.

Cha-Ching: Can't say much about this, as I have no money to keep track of. Ahhh, college.

iStopMotion: I had a lot of fun with this last night. My roommate was cursing me, as he had to laboriously piece together a ten minute long stop motion movie for a class last year. Not sure when I'll use this, but it'll come in handy for those rare occasions.

Awaken: I've been using Aurora to wake me up since it came out, and I can safely say this is better. By quite a lot, actually. Good interface, easy to use. Not a lot to dislike here.

Speed Download: Now, this is one I'm undecided about, but I'm chalking it up to a configuration problem. Im not a huge fan of new windows popping up when I download something, as I like a very minimalist setup. However, I can't deny it's a powerful tool, and I got a significant speed boost when downloading. I'll work on this to get it the way I like it.

Wingnuts 2: This is sort of offensively addictive. I had to tear myself away from it so I'd get some work done. Just be aware that the server is getting slammed, and they limit the ftp to 25 people, so you'll need to be persistent to get a copy.

If anyone still wants to get this bundle let me know. Two bundles get 20% off and 3 bundles get 33% off, so we can do a group buy and save quite a bit.

Back