MacBooks Out

NulloModo

Supreme [H]ardness
Check the Apple Store, they have been released.

13.3" wide screen white or black with up to 2.0 Ghz Core Duo.

Sort of bleh IMO, was hoping for some larger screen sizes.

For some reason black + 20 gigs of HD space is a $200 upgrade.

No mention of discrete graphics...

I'm interested - the 2ghz white core duo is within my price range, and I'm probably going to end up getting one :cool:

edit: I noticed that about the black one too; I guess black plastic is more expensive :confused: I also like how upgrading from .5 to 2 gb of ram is $500 :eek:

The only thing I'm disappointed about is the lack of a backlit keyboard such as the MBP has.

Crapbooks.

Black is only available on top end system
Integrated Graphics
Base system ships using 2 SIMMS

Smart marketing on Apple's part. People will want to be paramount and go for black. Might as wel make more money from it!

You know what they say... once you go black, well... yeah.

This seems just about perfect for what I want.... Now, where to get $1300.....

EDIT: Actually, the cheapest one goes for 989 for students... hmm. I like.

no, i just checked
the cheapest one is 1049 after student discount
not 989(though i would love this)

abhissekk said:
no, i just checked
the cheapest one is 1049 after student discount
not 989(though i would love this)

I'm seeing $1049 too, maybe someone saw an iBook price? The 12" G4 iBook is listed at $949.

Looks nice, makes me almost want to sell my iBook. It has alot of the same features as the Pro but smaller, made out of a different material and cheaper. Wonder why the Black one is $200?

Anyone hear anything about the new iPods that were going to maybe be released at the same time as the MacBook?

I only have 2 issues with this notebook and some small nit picking

1. Screw them on the price of the black shell. I would rather have black but I am not paying that difference.

2. I really want something better then intel graphics.

Pretty much I have to decide on this or a ecs g420 if I can even find one in the us. I would have liked to see a single stick of ram in these but I'd be buying my own memory anyway so no big deal. I do wish you could add the super drive to the cheapest one as I don't really need the 2 ghz over the 1.86. I would rather see a fair price upgrade for the cheapest model. I would have also liked it to come with the mini-dvi to dvi adapter.

they shoulda upped the res though, 1280x800. 800 is not so good I think.

Hmm glossy screen? ala sony's xbrite?

I think i'll pass this round. Ordered a refurbished 20in Intel iMac instead :)

Ijust got a 12" ibook in december...man do I feel gipped. At a student discount the cost difference between the two is like....forty bucks? I know six months is a long time and such is the flow of technology...but dammit!

Grathrax said:
Ijust got a 12" ibook in december...man do I feel gipped. At a student discount the cost difference between the two is like....forty bucks? I know six months is a long time and such is the flow of technology...but dammit!

Dont feel too bad, apple does this to all of us (like my mini which lacks both wifi + bluetooth)... anyways this new 'MacBook' has integrated graphics which *caugh* suck.

I just drank Apple's Kool-Aid again for the umpteenth time and ordered a bare-bones white Macbook.

Sigh... More of my money going to the man in the black turtleneck.

I agree about the integrated graphics. Pure SHITE! Having internal graphics should lower the price point IMO. Either Apple is trying to skip one by and max profit, or they aren't getting much of a deal from Intel when it comes to these new chips. If its the former, I think they're doing themselves sort of a dis-service by not coming in a bit lower to make it a more attractive option and get the machines out in the wild, if its their Market Share they are indeed worrrying about. I'd like to know the reason for this integrated nonsense going on...is it a battery life thing? Heat? Space? WTF?

I was very excited about this product and eagerly anticipated its release, but after seeing it, no way. The integrated graphics are depressingly out of place in an otherwise great system.

1280x800 is ALOT better than the 1024x768 from the old iBooks. I had 1280x800 on my old emachines and it was just fine. A backlit keyboard would have been nice but oh well. Great price, great performance.

If I was buying a new laptop today, I'd have a very hard time deciding between a T60 something or a MacBook.

Yea, it's pretty much out of the question for me now. I wanted a smaller laptop that I could use at work, and play WoW occasionally when I wasn't home to use my desktop but Apple dropped the ball with the graphics.

this sucks only in that i paid a little less for a used powerbook a month ago. i am tempted to sell it and buy me one of these bad boys.

I bought a Black one.

I had a 400 gift cert to the apple store so it cost me $1173.95.

Should be a good little machine, I am going to rock the dual boot as well.

Rare1 said:
I bought a Black one.

I had a 400 gift cert to the apple store so it cost me $1173.95.

Should be a good little machine, I am going to rock the dual boot as well.

Why spend the extra $200 on a black one?

"Black is Beautiful"

I fully support your decision not to be a common white apple, member of the collective unconscious. Here, apple's profiting off of people's individuality.

Even though I just bought one, is there anyone else who would preferred to see a 1.6 Core Duo (or even a Solo) chip in the thing with an X1300 vid card?

Integrated graphics suck. Even though I probably won't game with the thing anyway, I like knowing that I can if I want to.

acascianelli said:
If I was buying a new laptop today, I'd have a very hard time deciding between a T60 something or a MacBook.

oh good, i'm not the only one in this boat.

are they the material that alot of ipods are made out of? if so that black is gunna look like shit real quick.

doox00 said:
are they the material that alot of ipods are made out of? if so that black is gunna look like shit real quick.

The black is matte. I'm not sure about the white. Ifyou check out the link I posted above you can see the finish. It doesn't look very scratchable to me.

are the integrated graphics in this better than a nvidia geforce 4, if so, i'm all in cause thats all i need to run my games

synergyo1 said:
The black is matte. I'm not sure about the white. Ifyou check out the link I posted above you can see the finish. It doesn't look very scratchable to me.

ahh, thats good then

feverlax said:
are the integrated graphics in this better than a nvidia geforce 4, if so, i'm all in cause thats all i need to run my games

I would have to guess and say no, maybe more like gf 2?

feverlax said:

ROFL

no.

It's an updated version of the original i740, the first card with AGP 2x support. It's got a T&L engine, and some updated support, but it's not fast by any means.

Back