Macbook Pro: x1600

NightyNight

Weaksauce
Joined
Dec 27, 2004
Messages
88
Is there anyway to take off Apple's underclocking? Or does anyone have a link to better drivers for Windows than the one Apple provides with bootcamp? I'm only gettin 40fps in CS:S =(.
 
I believe you can OC it back to its normal speeds in windows.....but that already toasty machine is going to get even toastier...
Apple didn't underclock it for fun....:)
 
Im typing on my MBP in Windows right now.

ATI Tool let's me overclock the card to 415/425 without any artifacting. I netted a gain of 44fps in the spinning "hairy" cube... thing. I'm sure I could go higher, but I was getting some glitches in the screen.

Running this thing in XP makes the computer warmer (read hot) than in OSX (subjective testing mind you), but the overclock, IMO adds very little heat. Under XP w the overclock I lose at least a full hr of battery life, a full 20 minute decrease from the factory underclock.
 
lol... I don't own CS:S.

I could *find* a copy if you give me some time. Now if we were talking about Oblivion I could help you out a bit :).
 
On it. I'll get FPS readings tomorrow night after work. (I need to install it first)
 
Back
Top