Macbook Pro screen protector?

Mr_Superstar

[H]ard|Gawd
I'll be getting my macbook pro sometime this week (or so says the order status). I've seen a few "Screen Protector" products for the macbook pro. Do any of you use and/or recommend them?

Thanks.

I personally feel like a screen protector is unnecessary on a computer unless it is a tablet, but a little extra durability is never a bad thing...

Give ShieldZone a glance... They offer several different options and many regard them to be the best protection on the market. I bet you can find what you're looking for.

I recently ordered a Radtech "screensavrz"

Might be worth a look.

edit - I haven't received it yet so don't consider this a review, just a suggestion.

I recently ordered a Radtech "screensavrz"

Might be worth a look.

edit - I haven't received it yet so don't consider this a review, just a suggestion.

I second Radtech stuff, so I back TW's recommendation. I have their items for my iphone, my old Macbook, and my current Macbook Pro. It is a bit on the expensive side but very high quality and functional. You might also want to consider a Speck MBP case shell - I have a clear one on my MBP, and love it.

The radtech screen protectors aren't bad. I use them on the gold macbook pros and they double as a polishing cloth.

I'll triple the Radtech screensaverz.

On my TiBook, I had the problem of keys being etched into the screen over time. Since then, even though some claim you dont need a screen protector on MBPs, I dont trust it. The $12.00 or whatever spent on the screensaverz is cheap insurance, and gives you a nice cleaning cloth to boot!

I personally would be more afraid that the screen protector would do more damage than good, I'd just say just take good care of your stuff and you should be fine.

Perhaps the screen protector might trap moisture, reduce the gap between screen and keys, or have some sort of chemical reaction with the screen over a long period of time and heat

I just got the Radtech Screensaverz and it was a little bit thicker than I expected. I was able to close the lid just fine without feeling any resistance, I just wonder if the unnecessary pressure on the LCD over time will damage it (assuming it does actually touch the LCD when closed).

Back