MacBook ordered

gigglebyte

2[H]4U
weeeeeeee, it is on it way from China as we speak...should have it by Monday or Tuesday and the 2 Gig of ram will be here from newegg Monday so I will be ready to run with it...now since I have the new one coming, I will be selling my iBook and you can find it in the For Sale/Trade section at THIS link

Umm, is it the white or black one?

Only the cool people have the black ones. :p

Tomahawk said:
Umm, is it the white or black one?

Only the people with too much money to spend have the black ones. :p

Fixed for you. :)

ermm you said on its way from china right? may I have a link of the auction

pinktank said:
ermm you said on its way from china right? may I have a link of the auction

Hahahaha. Stop the thread, stop the thread. Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner!

I am getting the white one (didn't like the looks of the black case AND its a finger print magnet) as for the link to the auction....I work for Apple...ordered it from the employee store so no auction but if you want to look at the iBook for sale it is in my original post :)

gigglebyte said:
I am getting the white one (didn't like the looks of the black case AND its a finger print magnet) as for the link to the auction....I work for Apple...ordered it from the employee store so no auction but if you want to look at the iBook for sale it is in my original post :)

Actually to correct you, the blackbook doesent conduct finger prints as you say. Ive had a blackbook for about a month now, and I cant even see one finger print.

gigglebyte said:
weeeeeeee, it is on it way from China as we speak...should have it by Monday or Tuesday and the 2 Gig of ram will be here from newegg Monday so I will be ready to run with it...now since I have the new one coming, I will be selling my iBook and you can find it in the For Sale/Trade section at THIS link

So you just made this thread to advertise your iBook sale? :confused:

quickly! Post pictures of your whitebook when you get it, fend off those wagging sticks!

oh, I was just scared for a minute, too many macbooks going for 300$ on ebay, feedback 10, location China.

pinktank said:
oh, I was just scared for a minute, too many macbooks going for 300$ on ebay, feedback 10, location China.

If you order through Apples online store they shipped their products directly from their China factories.

which memory from newegg did you get for your macbook?
I sold mine ibook G4 also got myself a macbook :cool:
the macbook has got me be the best laptop out there...Oh....once you install your memory, dont forget to install bootcamp for some XP action :D ...Im still amazed when i see windows XP loading on my macbook....

I tried to put OS/2 on my MBP.

Didn't work though :(

So i just run it in Parallels now.

Yes, I'm old school, retarded and a nerd. Shoot me.

spyder_flex97 said:
which memory from newegg did you get for your macbook?
I sold mine ibook G4 also got myself a macbook :cool:
the macbook has got me be the best laptop out there...Oh....once you install your memory, dont forget to install bootcamp for some XP action :D ...Im still amazed when i see windows XP loading on my macbook....

I don't know if I am going to do boot camp or parallels...maybe both..who knows but the RAM is G.Skill 1GB PCD5300 so I will have 2 gig in there...should run just about anything I throw at it that isn't video intensive

gigglebyte said:
I don't know if I am going to do boot camp or parallels...maybe both..who knows but the RAM is G.Skill 1GB PCD5300 so I will have 2 gig in there...should run just about anything I throw at it that isn't video intensive

link pleaseeeeeeee :cool:

I tried boot camp and parallels. Make sure you have a huge HD. My 60GB one got kinda full. 10GB for BC, 10 for parallels and 16GB for OSX + bundled apps. Not a whole lot left for the MP3s, movies, etc.

And I'm still waiting on Apple to fix my MB for the random shutdown problem... :( they've had it for 9 days and the last I checked they were still waiting for a new logic board.

doormat said:
I tried boot camp and parallels. Make sure you have a huge HD. My 60GB one got kinda full. 10GB for BC, 10 for parallels and 16GB for OSX + bundled apps. Not a whole lot left for the MP3s, movies, etc.

And I'm still waiting on Apple to fix my MB for the random shutdown problem... :( they've had it for 9 days and the last I checked they were still waiting for a new logic board.

You could reduce the amount OSX takes up if you are willing to do a reformat. I left out iDVD, Garageband, printer drivers (2 gigs!), iWeb, and some other random crap. The install ended up to be 2-4 gigs if I remember correctly.

synergyo1 said:
You could reduce the amount OSX takes up if you are willing to do a reformat. I left out iDVD, Garageband, printer drivers (2 gigs!), iWeb, and some other random crap. The install ended up to be 2-4 gigs if I remember correctly.
Wait so printer drivers alone were 2 gigs? Becasue i never need to hook this up to a printer, is there a way to uninstall all the unnecassary clutter without reinstalling the whole OS?

on the macbook upgrade options, the option for 1gb is 2x512. Is there another slot to add another 1gb chip? I want to make sure coz I'll be buying a macbook by the end of this month.

cupidr17 said:
on the macbook upgrade options, the option for 1gb is 2x512. Is there another slot to add another 1gb chip? I want to make sure coz I'll be buying a macbook by the end of this month.

No, the Macbook has 2 DIMM slots. All of the default configs come with both slots populated.

hungryduck said:
will those two modules run in dual channel? even if their not a matched pair?

Most likely. If you order two of them at the same time they should both be from the same batch.

CEpeep said:
Most likely. If you order two of them at the same time they should both be from the same batch.

I did buy 2 of them (1 GB each) and they don't have to be from the same batch...they are seperate packages and who knows what order they were made, packaged, shipped or even pulled out of the bin and into my shipping box

gigglebyte said:
I did buy 2 of them (1 GB each) and they don't have to be from the same batch...they are seperate packages and who knows what order they were made, packaged, shipped or even pulled out of the bin and into my shipping box

Sure. Most of the time RAM will work in dual channel if it's not from the same batch. I've even heard of RAM from different distributors with different batch and model numbers working in dual channel together. The reason I mentioned it is because two modules from the same batch are virtually guaranteed to work together in dual channel.

I just got my Macbook last night. I got the absolute cheapest model and ordered some of the above mentioned Gskill memory (thanks for the link). So far I love it! It's my first Mac, although I used to support them back in the 10.2 days. It's been really easy to get used to OSX, although I may have to reinstall eventually to get rid of a lot of the useless bundled apps. Now I'm about to see how well it can run WoW... wish me luck!

:eek: there has to be something wrong here...apple is selling 1 gig for $200 and this g.skill is $80....
im jumping on that g.skill like a bandit! 2 gigs for $160....will i notice a big difference from the 512 im running now?? :p

spyder_flex97 said:
:eek: there has to be something wrong here...apple is selling 1 gig for $200 and this g.skill is $80....
im jumping on that g.skill like a bandit! 2 gigs for $160....will i notice a big difference from the 512 im running now?? :p

there is nothing wrong with apple, like many OEM's prey off of people to scared to buy the ram them selves, which is a MASSIVE market.

Also, if you get the ram via apple - it us under apples warrenty, if your system dies with your ram in it, they wont fix it unless it has the original ram in it or somne crap, - i assume

i mean, they arent going to support hardware you added.

ok...time to dredge this up again ;) replacement MacBook will be here next week and my iBook has been fixed!! so it is back up for sale in the first post link!! WEEEEEEEEE

Back