MacBook Matte Screen Online Petition

l008com

Limp Gawd
Hey
I know its probably inevitable anyway, but I just started an online petition to try and get Apple to offer a matte screen option on the MacBook.

http://www.petitiononline.com/macbooks/petition.html

I know some people don't mind the Glossy screen, but I know there are lots of people, myself included, that can't stand the Glossy screens. So please sign if you are interested.
It would be extra cool of the mods made this a sticky . . .

:)

I hate any and everything even remotely glossy... they're horrible for fingerprints and glare and reflection for ME, others don't have a problem with them though, companies should offer both options.

Even though I don't expect to get an apple notebook, I agree. I can't stand glossy screens.

Optional87 said:
I hate any and everything even remotely glossy... they're horrible for fingerprints and glare and reflection for ME, others don't have a problem with them though, companies should offer both options.

I dont get why people say glossy screens are worse for fingerprints.

I find matte far worse (and harder to clean right).

also, I for one and really neurotic about people touching screens (unless its a touch screen).

I literally bitch people out when they feel they have to tap on my screens to show something.

*looks for his medication*

edit: I do agree though that Apple should offer the option, just like the MBPs

I agree it should be an option on the "pro" model, but not on the "consumer" model.

More part option = more parts to stock = higher overall cost to the consumer :mad:

KaosDG said:

also, I for one and really neurotic about people touching screens (unless its a touch screen).

I literally bitch people out when they feel they have to tap on my screens to show something.

It sounded like you were angry at me for saying that, because I truely find that to be the case from many laptops I have experienced. I'm sorry if you're experience and opinion is opposite of mine, that almost felt like an attack at me. Please refrain from using comments like "looks for his medication" that really added the icing to the cake.

I offer my post as my opinion based on my own findings, everyone is of course entititled to their own, but that doesn't mean one opinion or the other is better in any way, thank you for understanding.

As for the MB's and MBP's, I believe it would be easier to stock the matte screens for the MB's because they're all the same size screen, while the MBP comes in a 15.4 and 17 inch screen size. The difference is however that 15.4 and 17 ince screen sizes are already common place in laptops and matte screens for those sizes do exist and should be offered. The 13.3 of the MB since it is basically apple proprietary size as I've yet to see another laptop using this size, is harder to ask for them to supply a matte screen, as much as many people would like it to be so.

Optional87 said:
It sounded like you were angry at me for saying that, because I truely find that to be the case from many laptops I have experienced. I'm sorry if you're experience and opinion is opposite of mine, that almost felt like an attack at me. Please refrain from using comments like "looks for his medication" that really added the icing to the cake.

I offer my post as my opinion based on my own findings, everyone is of course entititled to their own, but that doesn't mean one opinion or the other is better in any way, thank you for understanding.

As for the MB's and MBP's, I believe it would be easier to stock the matte screens for the MB's because they're all the same size screen, while the MBP comes in a 15.4 and 17 inch screen size. The difference is however that 15.4 and 17 ince screen sizes are already common place in laptops and matte screens for those sizes do exist and should be offered. The 13.3 of the MB since it is basically apple proprietary size as I've yet to see another laptop using this size, is harder to ask for them to supply a matte screen, as much as many people would like it to be so.

relax dude. It was in jest, and I was saying that I am really neurotic about people putting their grubby mitts all over my screens, regardless of sheen / texture.

KaosDG said:
relax dude. It was in jest, and I was saying that I am really neurotic about people putting their grubby mitts all over my screens, regardless of sheen / texture.

That's cool, sorry to jump, felt a little personal dunno why, maybe cause it was early, the med thing though kinda felt disrespectful, truce?

How about a petition to make the Macbook display less fucking horrible in terms of color fidelity? :mad: I've had to use one for 3D work for the past couple of days. Rendering performance is awesome, but OpenGL is about 5 times slower than on my iBook (though that might be because it has a single 512 meg stick of RAM). But the largest issue is that the display seems to be one of those that aren't actually 24-bit, but use a dithering technique to make up for it. The colors suck. And not in the hey-I'm-not-calibrated way, either. There's dithering where there should be smooth gradients! Gah.

Keyboard is downright awesome, though. Probably one of the best I've ever used.

Edited to add: And I really like the rougher surface on the touchpad!

Black Morty Rackham said:
Keyboard is downright awesome, though. Probably one of the best I've ever used.

Speaking of useless petitions, let's start one to get the (far superior) MacBook keyboard put on the MBP.

CEpeep said:
Speaking of useless petitions, let's start one to get the (far superior) MacBook keyboard put on the MBP.

I think I am the 1% that doesn't like the Macbook keyboard :(

I also didn't save a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to Geico. :)

Edit: dammit, need to pay attention to what link i click when i'm on my pocketpc :(

KaosDG said:

lol your like me, fack why do people have to tap something on the screen over and over to show me... I freaken saw it the first time they tapped on it.!! :mad: :mad:

loving the glossy screen here, the blacks are so much better, and the screen works better outside in sunlight! the viewing angel is pretty junk but ohh well.

Back