Macbook lid yellowing?

DaCoOlNeSs

[H]ard|Gawd
hey guys, I have a Macbook that has a yellowing issue, I have ben reluctant to take it into the mac store for the keypad, it doesn't bother me that much because I have already done it twice and they still do it, but now the part of my lid behind the iSight, the entire way across the top is yellow now. Has anyone else experienced this?

Another place it is yellowing is on the feet of the computer, but that doesn't bother me either because I don't see it.

no, all I even do with my laptop is have it in my bag, and on my table, I have never smoked and never around other smokers, and have also never used my laptop with dirty hands.

Unfortunately that's a known problem with the white macbooks, the applestore might replace it, but I don't know for sure.

You have any pictures of it? There's quite a few things that can cause yellowing in plastics.

If you want a homemade remedy, you can buy SEM white vinyl dye. Mask off the bad parts and spray a very light coating on it. It's a dye (not a paint) so it won't flake or rub off.

i took my macbook into the apple store the other day for a battery recognition issue and the guy offered to replace the palm rest cause it was yellowing.

You have any pictures of it? There's quite a few things that can cause yellowing in plastics.

If you want a homemade remedy, you can buy SEM white vinyl dye. Mask off the bad parts and spray a very light coating on it. It's a dye (not a paint) so it won't flake or rub off.

Hey man do you have any links/pictures for tutorials on this as far as what brand to buy, how much to spray, etc. etc.? Sounds really cool I want to check it out. Is it possible to buy a different color and give it a makeover?

Here's the first link I found on google: http://case-mods.linear1.org/category/vinyl-dye/

Brand wise, I usually get SEM but any brand works. There's a bunch of colors. I wouldn't suggest doing the entire laptop though. To apply it, scuff the area with a scuff pad, clean the area, and then mist it on.

Back