MacBook 13"

I think at the current moment any intel chipset really works perfectly for osx86...I had relatively few problems getting everything working perfectly on my asus rampage formula. I loved my hackintosh so much I even put 10.6.2 on my ASUS 1005HA...but now I'm saving up for a MBP...I hate to admit but I really really do want the real thing.

I think at the current moment any intel chipset really works perfectly for osx86...I had relatively few problems getting everything working perfectly on my asus rampage formula. I loved my hackintosh so much I even put 10.6.2 on my ASUS 1005HA...but now I'm saving up for a MBP...I hate to admit but I really really do want the real thing.

It's good hardware with the OS you like; why would you hate to admit you want a particular setup?
Be hardware/software agnostic. Just use what works for you, they're all just tools.

It's good hardware with the OS you like; why would you hate to admit you want a particular setup?
Be hardware/software agnostic. Just use what works for you, they're all just tools.

i hate the setup, i hate the fact that apple's marketing is so effective and their products are so desirable. but i guess that's testament to their doing what they're doing incredibly well.

A quick question...

Hackintosh is against forum rules but no one seems to get uptight about jailbreaking?

I think it is mostly because the majority of people building Hackintoshes are bootlegging OSX.

i hate the setup, i hate the fact that apple's marketing is so effective and their products are so desirable. but i guess that's testament to their doing what they're doing incredibly well.

Okay... so you're either completely not logical because you want something you hate or you have trouble admitting that there is something more than simply marketing that you like.

I don't care how good the marketing is for any product, if that's the only good thing about it, it won't make me spend $2k. Maybe $30, but not $2k.
But if it's of any consolation I would say that your feeling is shared amongst a lot of PC users (I was one of them) that hate Mac's just to 'hate the other side' without ever trying one out or looking at it as even being a viable option. Now you've tried one and looked at it and maybe even liked it and that is not congruous with what you previously believed so you're experiencing cognitive dissonance.
Feel free to disagree with my assessment. However I think at least that it is very apparent that many people just pick a side and then poo-poo on the other side without any real knowledge of it. I've had both and used both and realize that both are good for different things and that ultimately the consumer should simply purchase which option is best for them without feeling there is superiority or inferiority.

I think it is mostly because the majority of people building Hackintoshes are bootlegging OSX.

It's an issue with the terms of service in the EULA for OSX. It doesn't have to do with pirating (although that is a problem subject on the forums). [H]|forum management wants to run everything clean and above board and I respect them for that.

A quick question...

Hackintosh is against forum rules but no one seems to get uptight about jailbreaking?

As far as I'm concerned, there are far more legal problems when it comes to OSx86 than jailbreaking.

This used to be the case, but modern setups are done without using "OSx86 distributions" that are per se pirated software. I can't speak for others, but I bought my copy of OS X from the Apple Store, and have not used any software that infringes on Apple's copyrights in my setup. To my knowledge, it still remains a violation of the EULA, however - though I am sure a skillful lawyer could find a way around that.

Still, I respect the [H] admins' decisions & have edited my posts above.

Okay... so you're either completely not logical because you want something you hate or you have trouble admitting that there is something more than simply marketing that you like.

I don't care how good the marketing is for any product, if that's the only good thing about it, it won't make me spend $2k. Maybe $30, but not $2k.
But if it's of any consolation I would say that your feeling is shared amongst a lot of PC users (I was one of them) that hate Mac's just to 'hate the other side' without ever trying one out or looking at it as even being a viable option. Now you've tried one and looked at it and maybe even liked it and that is not congruous with what you previously believed so you're experiencing cognitive dissonance.
Feel free to disagree with my assessment. However I think at least that it is very apparent that many people just pick a side and then poo-poo on the other side without any real knowledge of it. I've had both and used both and realize that both are good for different things and that ultimately the consumer should simply purchase which option is best for them without feeling there is superiority or inferiority.

sorry my post was supposed to say "i DONT hate the setup". But you're right about everything else pretty much. I'm just now making the transition from hating macs for the sole fact that i was pure-PC to actually really enjoying their software and wanting their hardware. It's just an internal conflict. Although I couldn't care either way now, I think they're both great, and the fact that I want to buy an MBP is proof.

sorry my post was supposed to say "i DONT hate the setup". But you're right about everything else pretty much. I'm just now making the transition from hating macs for the sole fact that i was pure-PC to actually really enjoying their software and wanting their hardware. It's just an internal conflict. Although I couldn't care either way now, I think they're both great, and the fact that I want to buy an MBP is proof.

Haha I know exactly how you feel. I used to be the same way.

And just today my friend was chatting with his friend at work, and he tells him that I have a MBP, and his friend calls me an idiot for buying from Apple. And that I got ripped off because I bought something that is free (FreeBSD). LMAO. In the past I would have thought the same :)

Back