mac wifi

Zekk

n00b
anyone got a good recommendation on a usb Wireless Adapter for mac?

There aren't that many available for mac. The main players don't seem to make them like Linksys, Dlink, or Netgear. My sisters iBook minipcie slot died so I was looking for USB wifi adapters for her and this was the one I found. I didn't get it though. I decided it wasn't worth it since she doesn't like the mac anyway and found her a new laptop instead.

http://www.amazon.com/Hawking-Wirel...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1238884745&sr=8-1

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Mac's have all had built in WiFi for... awhile now. How old is this Mac?

Realtek makes some WiFi USB adapters that have drivers for Mac. They are available at retail through other manufacturers.

With some tweaking, a D-Link DWL G-122 rev. B will work. Just do some googling for "D-link DWL-G122 Mac" and you'll find more specific instructions. I used an iMac G3 with 10.3.9 for a long time with that adapter until I bought a Powermac G4 that I put Airport into.

I'd go over to insanelymac (it's a hackintosh site but could help in this circumstance) and search for threads about USB wifi adapters with working kext files. You can find model recommendations and the kexts themselves in the threads. If they work on a Hackintosh, I don't see why they wouldn't work on a Mac.

Back