Mac-Tel Emulation?

Ashton

2[H]4U
((yes, this is a followup thread to "OSX for PC???"))

Simple question. I have a 2.97ghz machine with 1gb of ram. With Mac switching to Intel hardware, could I (effeciently) emulate (the X86 version of) OSX? I know this hasn't happened yet, but I was wondering.

PC's OS is either Linux or Windows XP

Simple answer: No.

More advanced answer: No.

Explanation: Macintosh OSes require a boot ROM to run. Current x86 hardware has nothing that would work that way (except possibly the XBox, and that would be... weird).

I would be running a legal copy of OSX purchased through apple.com. I would simply be using a program akin to VirtualPC to run the OS. I was jsut asking if the switch to intel would make mac emulation any faster

I have heard that people running PearPC with 64bit X86 processors have noticed quite some improvement over previous versions. Will PearPC issue a new release for Intel versions of OSX, and will it be faster? I don't know.

http://pearpc.sourceforge.net/

Ashton said:
I would be running a legal copy of OSX purchased through apple.com. I would simply be using a program akin to VirtualPC to run the OS. I was jsut asking if the switch to intel would make mac emulation any faster
Unfortunately, we may never know. Apple isn't going to release a version of OSX that anyone can buy retail and load on standard x86 hardware.

Back