Mac Mini warranty question

QuimZ

Gawd
Hey gang, I just got my mac mini 1.66 refurb from fedex, that I bought this past week.

I'm super fired up because I checked "about my mac" and it says I have 2gb of ram. I ordered it bone stock for 519 so I know I didn't pay for the ram. But I'm also worried because if I have to send it back, they might think I cracked it open and put more ram in it.

Adding more RAM doesn't void a warranty as far as I know.

If the Apple Store sent it to you with 2GB of RAM; then that's how they'll service it.

You should be fine then.

Thanks, I shouldn't have even said anything, I know it's pretty sweet that I got 2 gigs of ram for nothing. But after $519 + tax, I just wanted to be reasonably sure the warranty would still hold.

Is it a refurb? I'm just curious since "extras" usually come with refurbs and not NIB items.

Is it a refurb? I'm just curious since "extras" usually come with refurbs and not NIB items.

I don't think I got extras outside of ram, It came with all the NIB items. I will say that you wouldn't be able to tell new from refurb except of the brown box. It came all sealed up and the casing and rubber bottom came absolutely pristine. Everything was nuzzled into pre-cut spaces in 2 huge chunks of foam.

This is the first mac newer mac that I've owned myself in the last 5 years, and needless to say I'll be going back in the future. Although I won't expect freebies like this again, any company that throws in substantial amounts of memory for nothing gets my return business.

This mac has just become my default media box/surfer/time waster.

/switch.

(But I'll never stop loving my PC, it's just going to be used for gaming and rendering.)

I don't think I got extras outside of ram, It came with all the NIB items. I will say that you wouldn't be able to tell new from refurb except of the brown box. It came all sealed up and the casing and rubber bottom came absolutely pristine. Everything was nuzzled into pre-cut spaces in 2 huge chunks of foam.

Some refurb items come with more RAM, larger HD, upgraded optical drive and sometimes even upgraded Processors and video. Usually they're identical to stock. Although, I've seen some refurbs that were definitely not new, some have even been missing screws which is unsettling.

This is the first mac newer mac that I've owned myself in the last 5 years, and needless to say I'll be going back in the future. Although I won't expect freebies like this again, any company that throws in substantial amounts of memory for nothing gets my return business.

This mac has just become my default media box/surfer/time waster.

/switch.

(But I'll never stop loving my PC, it's just going to be used for gaming and rendering.)

generally with refurbs they send you what they have.

Yes with refurbs its common to get better then you ordered. Don't complain! Its a good thing! Apple is aware of it and does it to be nice, I guess. If a customer has a BTO machine or upgrades their parts and returns it, Apple sells it at the price as if it was stock.

Back