mac mini question

Techfan26

n00b
Joined
Aug 16, 2006
Messages
11
I currently have a powerbook g4 w/ 768 mb ram. I am thinking about purchasing a mac mini 1.83 core duo w/ 2 gigs of ram. Would I notice a large performance difference? I don't use huge programs like photoshop, but I do use iphoto, itunes, safari, and some others a lot. I just wanted to know if I would be amazed by the performance difference.
 
things will be snappier, but I don't know about being amazed with the iLife apps.
 
Microsoft Word lagged my G4 Powerbook with 512mb of Ram (867mhz). Things just generally sucked on it.

Since my MBP, things are looking up almost 100%. If what you have is too slow for what you do, like if it impedes your workflow waiting for it to finish basic tasks, then upgrade

Safari was night and day btw.
 
Back
Top