Mac Book Pro & Video Editing with P2

gaer42

Limp Gawd
Just a quick question. I am buying a Mac Book Pro and wanted to know if it would work with the P2 work flow as My Mac G5 does not (it is pre intel chip).

Are there any other requirements for the P2 work flow besides having an intel, and will a dual core 2.5 be enough to handle the video?

A dual core 2.5 and the video card in the new MBPs will be way more than enough for even 1080p footage.

Final Cut Pro 6 (the latest) supports direct P2 logging and capturing, and it's extremely easy.

There are a few free pieces of software that can make a 1:1 copy of the P2 cards if you wanna keep backups on your hard drive.

Well then that settles it... That is what I need it to do so Thank you I will be getting one real soon (replace my 2.0 dual core desktop for a little while... before I get the quad).

I would be interested if you could give me the names of any programs that will be able to copy 1:1.... i was under the assumption that I could just copy the footage directly over... but if that is not the case I would like to know how to make a backup copy.

A dual core 2.5 and the video card in the new MBPs will be way more than enough for even 1080p footage.

Final Cut Pro 6 (the latest) supports direct P2 logging and capturing, and it's extremely easy.

There are a few free pieces of software that can make a 1:1 copy of the P2 cards if you wanna keep backups on your hard drive.

You really think so? I've a few hours of HD editing and want to rip my hair out, and I'm on a machine with Core 2 Duo 2.8GHz/4GB ram.

Well then that settles it... That is what I need it to do so Thank you I will be getting one real soon (replace my 2.0 dual core desktop for a little while... before I get the quad).

I would be interested if you could give me the names of any programs that will be able to copy 1:1.... i was under the assumption that I could just copy the footage directly over... but if that is not the case I would like to know how to make a backup copy.

Panasonic has their own awesome software which is free and works on the PC and Mac. https://eww.pavc.panasonic.co.jp/pro-av/sales_o/p2/cms/index.html

MadPyro, I haven't had any problems editing on my 2.4 Intel2Core/4GB. Rendering/LoggingandCapturing can always go faster, but I haven't had any problems once my videos are in the bins. What kind of problems have you had?

Back