mac and hidef

stuman

Limp Gawd
just recently changed some settings in dvd player and i notice there is a tab for hi definition, my question now is, can a mac book with 2.0Ghz dual core play hidef dvd's? i have a 720p screen to plug into it via dvi to hdmi and dont want to pay for a hidef dvd and find it not work very well. ta stu

It CANNOT play HD-DVDs nor Boo-Ray, I mean Blu-Ray, but can upscale/play regular DVDs.

Hmm

I find it odd that there is a section for Hybrid discs... perhaps a future add-on HD-DVD drive or built-in option?
hddvdeh8.png

Anyone got an xbox hd-dvd drive they could try on thier Macs?

is that a 100% no it does'nt play them then? because ill drag my laptop into hmv and ask if i can try one if its not

there is nothing out there anywhere to indicate that any of apples products currently support the playback of HD-DVDs or BluRay discs out of the box :)

I am not aware of any macs that have HD-DVD drives. the xbox 360 drive should work though with the right software.

From poking around a Mac with DVD Studio Pro and 10.4.8, it seems that DVDSP can auth. HD DVDs (or some sort of obfuscation of that; HD DVD movies on a normal DVD disc. Like putting a VIDEO_TS folder on a CD)

I suppose it's for testing your authors, or something?

Yeah, I think at the moment it used for proofing Hi-Def DVD's that the latest version of DVD Studio Pro can author. I think you can "record" them to your hard drive and play it back that way.

Back