• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

(mabye) dumb question about Crossfire and GPU load

AlvinMaker

Limp Gawd
Joined
Dec 8, 2009
Messages
288
So, mabye this is "noob", but as I am still trying to catch up to all the new tech out after a layoff, I am hoping I have a pass...:p

So I have noticed while benching my newly aquired pair of ROG 5870s, that the bottom (crossfired) card is at "extreme" load (the logos change color to indicate load %) , while the top is displaying "normal". Is this typical? (this is during the WH runs I am looping right now, to test overclock settings).

I have the itracker2 monitor running in the backround, so I'll be checking the utilization and temp readouts once completed... Just wondering if this was an anomoly, or a result of the way Crossfiring addresses the cards... Thanks for any input!
 
I didn't do my benching yet, but now that my two are back in business I have noticed that both lights appear to be in sync the entire time I'm in Windows, including during gameplay. They change colors in unison through all the different load levels; but again I haven't specifically run a benchmarking program so I'll try to do that later and post results.
 
I didn't do my benching yet, but now that my two are back in business I have noticed that both lights appear to be in sync the entire time I'm in Windows, including during gameplay. They change colors in unison through all the different load levels; but again I haven't specifically run a benchmarking program so I'll try to do that later and post results.

Thanks, that would be great... Wanna make sure I don't have a funky card or something...
 
Back
Top