M6805 power requirements?

CoasterG

n00b
Getting my eMachines M6805 today and I want to get a car/air AC adapter but I can't find the power requirements anywhere. (Hopefully going to get my 512m RAM also to go to 768m and pray I get lucky and get the 5400/8m HD)

Anyone know what they are and/or what adapters would work with this laptop?

The AC brick that comes with the 6805 is 90W. I believe it takes ~80W to power it.

I know that the 120W Targus AC/DC/Air adapter works with it, but I don't have any experience with any others.

Hope this helps.

I got some CyberPower AC/DC converter for the car...it does like 110W or something.

it powers the M6805 & the external hdd without a problem...as long as I use a splitter.

Curly, Thanks - once I get my M6805 I'll go pick up the Targus.

Stupid BB - had 3 in stock yesterday - none today!

Had to order it for Fulfillment - and there's only 6 in the warehouse according to their nationwide inventory.

get some where around 200 watts so you can use it for some thing else ifyou want.

I have a 90W cyberpower and it does the job fine. Oh, and I noticed something funny at BestBuy when I bought it. On one end of the aisle with laptop accessories that had a 90W inverter from Targus for ~$65 i think. On the other end, the exact same (and I mean exactly the same) 90W inverter, but it was badged CyberPower, $10 cheaper. I don't get it.

Originally posted by CoasterG
Curly, Thanks - once I get my M6805 I'll go pick up the Targus.

Stupid BB - had 3 in stock yesterday - none today!

Had to order it for Fulfillment - and there's only 6 in the warehouse according to their nationwide inventory.
No problem! :)

Yeah, I had to go to 2 CC and 3 BB before I could find a 6805 when they first came out (purchased on1/25/04). But I got one of these beauties! :D

A friend that works at my local BB said that they can't keep them in stock. Most are spoken for before they even come in the door.

Back