• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

M4 from Amazon.. wtf!?

ToddW2

2[H]4U
Joined
Nov 8, 2004
Messages
4,017
Anyone gotten an M4 or any other SSD from amazon in a damn bubble wrap envelope :eek:

I've ordered TONS of hard drives from amazon including SSDs and have NEVER gotten a damn electronic device in a bubble wrap envelope :mad:


Wondering if i should just return this and get another.... :rolleyes: and hope for a box.
Rev 0001 too, wtf, how old is their inventory :(

I probably order more shit from amazon than anyone I know and have had no issues until 2011. Pills outside their wrapper, olive oil leaked all over, medicine with labels covering directions, and more.

Anyone else noticing this trend with amazon :confused:
 
Does the drive work? I wouldn't worry about it if it does.

ssd's are much less effected than mechanical drives from gravity/drops.
 
Does the drive work? I wouldn't worry about it if it does.

ssd's are much less effected than mechanical drives from gravity/drops.

I haven't tested yet, but I didn't want it to work fine then die a week later due to being tossed around :eek:
 
They probably found that one stuck in the sorting machine or under the shelf all the way in the back collecting dust and said "Oh hey, throw this back into circulation."
 
Well, the fact that they are solid state drives means they are pretty much immune to handling damage. If the package isn't damaged in any way there really isn't much that can go wrong internally.
 
I have had 3 ssd's and 3 sets of memory come from newgg like this (never ordered memory or ssds from amazon). The ssd didn't bother me since they are usually boxed well in its own packaging. but the memory was just in a plastic shell and could have easily been snaped in half.
 
Lately no matter where I've ordered from, if it's lightweight and thin, it comes in a bubble pack envelope.

Do I complain? Sometimes, depends on the item.

At the very least I'd contact their packaging feedback folks and let them know, they do tend to listen better than most companies from my experience.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/?nodeId=200325950
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
uh....its a solid state drive, who cares? Check out the g force these things can take, I really wouldn't worry about it at all.
 
My concerns were with it getting smashed, thrown on the dock and landing hard, etc.

Would you feel comfortable if someone chucked your SSD out of the back of a truck onto the ground? How many - GFORCE is that sudden stop :confused:

It's a piece of electronics with a circuit board... solder can still crack, and components can shift and could fall off.

Thus the post, and wondering if anyone had any issues with devices shipped in such a matter :confused: :confused:
 
Test the drive to make sure it works to some extent.

Put the drive back into the shipping envelope.

Drop from a second story window.

Test again.

Report the results.
 
I just got my M4 256gb from amazon and was on a the usual retail box, fw 0002. If you feel you didnt get new drive, then just contact amazon via chat (i had better luck via chat than phone), and they will probably overnight you another.
 
My concerns were with it getting smashed, thrown on the dock and landing hard, etc.

Would you feel comfortable if someone chucked your SSD out of the back of a truck onto the ground? How many - GFORCE is that sudden stop :confused:

It's a piece of electronics with a circuit board... solder can still crack, and components can shift and could fall off.

Thus the post, and wondering if anyone had any issues with devices shipped in such a matter :confused: :confused:

its an ssd, if it works no worries!
 
Both of my M4s came from Newegg in bubble wrap envelopes. It's an SSD, pretty touch to break it with no moving parts.

Updating firmware takes 5 minutes or less...

Mine came from the Egg with 0002.
 
Any reason I should be concerned about 0001 version vs 2 ? Was there any hardware differences :confused:
 
Back
Top