M4 - 830 Noticeable Difference Day to Day Usage?

Ottman

n00b
2FA
Joined
May 21, 2005
Messages
62
Just received my Crucial M4 256 ($203) 2 days ago for my new gaming & photo editing build....

Haven't placed operating system (win 7 Ultimate) on yet, should I get the Samsung 830 256gb ($209 currently) instead for my boot drive or will I not really notice the difference in real world usage and reliability.
 
Thanks for input....
I was concerned a little after seeing some of the read/writes of other ssd's compared to the m4.
One of my main reasons for the M4 was hearing about the reliability of the crucial ssd.
 
Thanks for input....
I was concerned a little after seeing some of the read/writes of other ssd's compared to the m4.
One of my main reasons for the M4 was hearing about the reliability of the crucial ssd.

Sequential reads/writes (the 400-500MB/s benchmarks you see) are only for reading/writing large files, and to do so at that speed (for writes at least) you need another SSD or high speed source.

For booting/loading games, apps and random desktop performance, 4K IOPS are more important, and both drives are so fast you will not be able to see a difference anyway. Enjoy.
 
Back
Top