M350 with some horsepower! (56K=Woe betide ye!)

mavalpha

[H]F Junkie
Admittedly not much, but it's a start!
Specs:
J&W Minix 780G
X2 3800+ 35W edition (undervolted to around 25W, 0.95V at 2GHz).
2x2GB DDR2-667 SODIMM (512MB+SidePort for graphics)
Seagate Momentus 60GB 7200rpm (7200.3? .1? Anyway...)
Silverstone NT07-AM2 heatsink
80W external brick

And that's it!

For those of you who don't know about the M350:

And finally the inside:

Do NOT use this combination. As you can see, the CPU socket is shifted too far towards the centre, and so the hard drive doesn't reach its mounting screws.

Up front and under the hood, I have a D-Link USB 802.11g adapter and the receiver from my DiNovo Edge. Note the U.FL connector, I have a foot-long cable on order so I can hook up an antenna on the back.

The back. Nothing special. Barrel plug and the hole where the antenna will go. Woo, hoo.
And a taste of things to come...

Pardon the Blackberry pics. My Elph didn't survive the winter, still haven't convinced myself that I need a new one.

That's a pretty slick build. For the size of that case that's a decent amount of power! Pretty cool what people can accomplish now with mini ITX cases. I thought my case was rather small but it's probably around 3-4 times as big as that... lol.

Thanks. :)

One other thing- whichever board you decide to use in this case, make sure it does not have the 24-pin connector bottom-right corner (diagonally opposite the keyboard port). Using a picoPSU, you'll have to bend the PCB to an uncomfortable angle if you want to use the front USB ports. It's doable, but it's unpleasant.

Sorry, don't have one. :(

I'm also waiting on a 9300 board to replace the Minix, so the number would be far from final

Back