M2 SATA MX500 Operating Temps?

rudedog89

Limp Gawd
Installed a MX500 M2 SATA and the temps kind of seem high to me. At system idle its around 47 but when I load it can get to 60 or little warmer. Is this bad? Am I within operating ranges?

Do you have heatsink? It might help in addition to having slightly better airflow. Idle should not be close to 50. Mine are idling at 40 (with heatsink)

Do you have heatsink? It might help in addition to having slightly better airflow. Idle should not be close to 50. Mine are idling at 40 (with heatsink)

rmd3003,

I have a ASUS ROG Strix B450-I Gaming and I am using the M2 slot above the PCIE slot where the video card is. There is a "heatsink", but the pad is really thick and I don't see how it can dissipate heat. The M2 ssd did not come with any heatsink on it. Maybe I should take off the motherboard one and see how it runs without it? If it does help, maybe get a heatsink for it?

Thanks

Iirc the controller actually prefers some heat to run optimally, but yours seems fine though a bit high on idle, my Nvme drive gets up to 70° on my current mobo, used to get to 95° on my old one which is where hwinfo64 started to dislike the temps.

Back