M1330 - Best Options?

don't mean to hijack but are these Dells easy to upgrade in the RAM or vid card department. It doesn't void the warranty or anything stupid like that?

@miskari

Yeah it's very easy to upgrade the ram in these and it won't void the warranty. Just pop off the bottom. I don't think it's possible to upgrade the video card and if it is, it will void your warranty.

if you buy a laptop with a graphics card thats power wont outlast the warranty your a fool...

So just buy something like an asus C90S and after the warranty runs out upgrade the card.

Doesnt sound hard...

Yeah but the C90S is also pretty huge compared to the m1330. Different values, power vs portability and style. When I get the m1330 I'll still have the desktop for games when I'm home and I'm getting the 3 year warranty, I doubt any laptop card will last more than 3 years.

if you buy a laptop with a graphics card thats power wont outlast the warranty your a fool...

So just buy something like an asus C90S and after the warranty runs out upgrade the card.

Doesnt sound hard...

If you think that everyone wants some humongor laptop just so they can upgrade the video card your a fool.... (not to mention that MXM cards are pretty much vaporware)

If you think that everyone wants some humongor laptop just so they can upgrade the video card your a fool.... (not to mention that MXM cards are pretty much vaporware)

The original poster said nothing about the screen size or weight of the notebook in fact all he did was mention concerns about video card strength sooooooooooo I figured I'd toss that out there.

sheeesh, sorry but it seemed like he was interested in graphics and power...

I know it's off sort of topic but would the M1330 have a blu-ray drive option? If not would the 8400GS support HDCP? I am just hunting for a blu-ray ultraportable (and I know it's not really practical to watch blu-ray outside of home but i still want it) to use @ home and starbucks for web surfing.

no bluray option at the moment.
Im not sure if the 8400 is a hardware HD decoder or not.

I dug through all the Nvidia's websites and Dell's but I still couldn't find an answer. Wonder does anyone have a 360 HD DVD drive to test it out? Thanks if anyone would be kind enough to try? I myself would bug Dell for some answers, maybe if I am mean enough they might tell me if there is going to be a blu-ray option (hopefully :D)

Back