m-itx NAS nase recommendation

Diademed

n00b
Joined
May 27, 2005
Messages
3
Been poking around for a case for a new build for a few days now, without much in the way of results.

The two cases that seem most promising are:
the CFI A7879
and the HiveLogix mitx

Either would be ~$200 after shipping (and picoPSU in the case of the HiveLogix), which doesn't seem like a fantastic price on either.

Anyone have suggestions as to a decent case that'll fit a couple of 3.5 drives, with enough free space that a 2400s won't cook itself, or a place to find a more reasonable price on one of the chassis above? An optical drive isn't necessary (and I'd prefer the lack of one).

Thanks!
 

The Lian Li is quite a big bigger than most other mitx cases I've seen -- it seems like just a short hop to micro-atx.

What about this chenbro?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811123154&cm_re=chenbro-_-11-123-154-_-Product

I was considering it for my nas but I went for a cheap apex and just shoved the drives in where i found space. (saved 80$)

The chenbro looks great, but the reviews seem to indicate the power supply is trash.

Which apex box did you end up with, the MI-100?
 
I guess so the MI-100 is thee defacto starter mini ITX build

I think the chenbro is nice but it's expensive. PC-Q08 still the king for me
 
More powerful, DIY system: Fractal Design Array R2

Smaller, all-in-one: Lian Li EX-40N

Edit: the latter may not be the best choice... a little googling tells me the built-in CPU is woefully underpowered and provides fairly abysmal transfer rates...
 
Last edited:
Back
Top