• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

M-Audio USB Mobile Pre

Oldie

Mean Old Administrator
2FA
Joined
Jan 12, 2004
Messages
21,915
I'm looking for a basic audio capture for some really basic guitar/vocal recording, and using it as an input for recording from records/cassettes/etc. Amazon has the M-Audio Mobile Pre for $99 right now, and it seems like a good deal for what I'm looking for. I've already used one before, and it worked well enough, but I'm wondering if you guys have a better recommendation.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...t_shr?_encoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&v=glance

I'll be using it a lot with a laptop, so the fact that it's bus powered is a plus, but I don't really care if I need to carry an extra power source.
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Here's something else to consider,

http://www.alesis.com/io2

I know some of the members here use it and love it..

the specs might be a little better than the M-Audio, and it comes bundled with Steinberg Cubase LE software and it's USB Powered

I just did a quick price search and the cheapest I saw it was 118$
 
I experienced clicks/static when using my mobilepre.....sold it for $60 bucks....i doubt the preamps inside are of much quality...but you get what you pay for
 
Back
Top