• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

M-Audio technical support? Options if fails?

satsunada

Gawd
Joined
Nov 4, 2009
Messages
632
I've had my M-Audio AV40's for about 9 months now and yesterday, the right speaker stopped working. It isn't blown, didn't show any signs of failing, and will sometimes work if I fiddle with the cables for 5 minutes but then it just turns off a few seconds later. No noise, no click, no pop, just off. Anyway, does anyone have any experience with their tech support people or their warranty service? I'm within the 1 year window but the way it read seemed highly interpretive. Do the products come back ok? Basically, can I trust them?

On a related note, should that fail and things go bad, I was looking at options. Thus far, I'm down to the Behringer MS40's, Alesis M1 520's or the Swan D1080MKII 08's. Preferences fall in that order thus far. I'm not looking to go over $200 as far as replacements and would prefer a 2.0 setup (i'm used to it and don't really have the room/desire for a subwoofer/extra speakers)
 
Are you asking $200 for the pair? There are many monitor speakers sold as one unit instead as a pair. Are you looking for active or passive speakers? The reason I ask is that if you have a half way decent amp or even from a flea market you can save money by getting a good passive speakers.
 
For the pair, the one's I listed are currently in that budget range for a pair (new). I was hoping for active because I don't have an amp atm. That's down the road though once I get more cash stowed away.
 
AV40 right speakers are known to overheat and cut out. How hot is the speaker when it cuts out?
 
M-Audio has a horrendous tech support division.
I've had to call for my AV20s & spend hours trying to get someone on the phone that doesn't sound like they are on an old telegraph line.

Then it took 3 months for an RMA return. Then the second set went bad & Ive sent 1 email a week with no response bc their online RMA system no longer works.
 
AV40 right speakers are known to overheat and cut out. How hot is the speaker when it cuts out?

It just doesn't work at all now and i'm tired of reconnecting things to let it work for 10 seconds or less. Heat isn't an issue, I'd of noticed that. It just doesn't come on at all now.

Digital Viper-X- said:
MS40s suck stay way from those =P
Not sure if serious, will take it as such though, thanks.

DisrupTer911 said:
M-Audio has a horrendous tech support division.
I've had to call for my AV20s & spend hours trying to get someone on the phone that doesn't sound like they are on an old telegraph line.

Then it took 3 months for an RMA return. Then the second set went bad & Ive sent 1 email a week with no response bc their online RMA system no longer works.

Ugh... ok, thanks.
 
Back
Top