raymondbeautrix
Weaksauce
- Joined
- Jun 30, 2008
- Messages
- 65
I'm trying to decide on a speaker setup with a budget of about 500$. Right now, I believe I want a pair of bookshelf speakers. I was considering wharfedale diamond 9.2 or b&w 686, but then I would have to use my old beomaster 2000 25w amp and also purchase a DAC. Then I got an interesting suggestion to consider a studio monitor with built-in amp solution. If I understand correctly, this would also eliminate the need for a DAC.
I found the BX8a deluxe by m-audio on amazon for only 380$. This seems like an exceptionally good deal and I'm wondering why it isn't a more popular thing for gamers/audiophiles to do for a computer setup. I was also suggested to check out dynaudio products, but I couldn't find anything cheaper than $1000, which is overbudget.
Is there any other powered studio monitors, or other audio solutions I should be considering? Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Ray
I found the BX8a deluxe by m-audio on amazon for only 380$. This seems like an exceptionally good deal and I'm wondering why it isn't a more popular thing for gamers/audiophiles to do for a computer setup. I was also suggested to check out dynaudio products, but I couldn't find anything cheaper than $1000, which is overbudget.
Is there any other powered studio monitors, or other audio solutions I should be considering? Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Ray