• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

M-Audio AV30 Power Cable

achensherd

Limp Gawd
Joined
Nov 2, 2007
Messages
328
I just got an M-Audio AV30, and noticed that the power cable that's packaged with it is too short for my arrangement. Getting a longer one is in order, then, but being the utter n00b around electrical accessories as I am (which is the primary reason I have yet to touch my car's sound system), I was thrown off by this:

av30powercable.jpg


I have quite a few spare two-prong cables similar to this, but their ends are more... symmetrical, as in both sides are round versus one side being right-angled as seen above. I could try plugging in one of those into the speakers, but I'd rather not risk blowing them just hours into owning them.

Does anyone know where I can get a, say, 12-foot power cable where the end looks like the one above, and with the same power ratings (assuming there are differences)?
 
I know at least two places to get a non-keyed one...

Okay, a standard two-prong plug is called a NEMA 1-15P. The figure-eight connector is an IEC C7, of which you need the polarized version. Going off that last bit, I can find a bajillion six-foot cords for you. The twelve-footers are proving problematic still.

Have you tried just getting an extension cord or power strip like a normal person? ;)
 
I suppose I could get an extension cord. It's pathetic how that somehow never occurred to me, despite thinking to get one for the digital TV converter box (d'oh!). Having a longer cable would make the cloud of cables behind my bookshelf slightly more orderly, but at least an extension cord would resolve my immediate issue.

Thanks! :D
 
Back
Top