• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

M-Audio 1814 and Windows 7

newxperiment

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 10, 2009
Messages
143
After voicing my frustrations at M-Audio with no response...I thought I would try here...I am trying to get Win7 to recognize my M-audio Firewire 1814, so I can use these god damn current paper weight M-audio monitors. So far there has been no responses...$1200 in equipment (when I bought them :p) and no response...I've tried the beta drivers, and they don't work...I've tried legacy fire-wire drivers, that didn't work, I've tried XP, Vista, and Windows 3.11 drivers...

I'm pulling my hair out, if you have got an 1814 working, please let me know, my system is in my sig :D
 
Welcome to M-Audio :p

This is par for the course in my experience with them. They make quality hardware, shitty drivers. Back when Windows 2000 came out, man was that a disaster. I can relate a very long story about trying to get them to make working 2000 drivers for their Delta 1010 if you like. Heck, even today they STILL don't have 64-bit drivers for their USB keyboards.

So sorry, wish I could help, but just know that your experience isn't uncommon for M-Audio. These days I don't tend to recommend their sound cards because of it. Stick with gear that doesn't need drivers.
 
As the previous poster stated, M-Audio has some of the worst device drivers on the planet these days. In my eyes, they have one product of redeeming quality, which is the Profire 2626, and ONLY if you use it as a standalone A/D D/A converter. For the money, nothing comes close to its price/performance ratio, but only as a standalone channel strip and A/D D/A converter.

Steer clear of M-Audio products until they get their heads out of their asses, and product something that isn't a consumer grade toy.

Just my $.02
 
Back
Top