m.2 help

fightingfi

2[H]4U
got my new samsung 960\250 gig m.2 drive

Trying to install win 10 pro on it but says insert media reboot message. The drive is showing up and seen in the Bios so i know its there but not able to boot from dvd and have no option to do so it seems. Latest bios installed and have the Gigabyte z170x Gaming 6 mobo,
TANKIES IN ADVANCE :)

Can't you make the dvd have boot priority over the m.2 disk in your bios? Although there probably should be a key to select the boot menu.

it only shows the samsung though the dvd drive is plugged in ive had this system for yrs but doing a clean install with new m.2 is all , not able to find the KEY for the boot menu not sure why

Have you formatted the drive as a GPT disk ?

There are boot priorities in the bios menu. I have them in my Gaming 7 which uses a similar if not same bios.

By boot from DVD, do you mean from the dvd drive or a Windows 10 disc ?

so fed up just going to return the drive thanks for the help anyway. Cant do anything with it at all.............no format no change in boot order nothing.............dvd win 10 boot not found nothing sorry to waste your time

edit: OP's issue is not quite the same issue I was having.. I installed win10 from usb. But still, might help someone.

I had to download and install (put on a flash drive) the intel rst drivers at win10 install time when the installer didn't find my nvme 600p drive... I browsed to my flash drive with the rst driver and viola, it found the drive and I was good to go. took a while to figure that out but it anyways..

Back