Lync Phone Edition clients pull down cert

Unknown-One

[H]F Junkie
Figured I'd ask this question here since I'm running into a bit of a wall.

We have a Microsoft Lync deployment comprised of two Standard Edition front end servers (with failover configured) behind an edge server and a 3rd party reverse proxy. Local clients work, remote clients work, mobile apps work (MCX Components), exchange integration is up and running, etc. Everything was looking perfect until we tried to get some stand-alone desk phones hooked up.

I'm currently testing with a Polycom XC500, but TestCsPhoneBootstrap also fails to connect. Phone configuration is pulled down from our DHCP servers without a problem, and the phones attempt to connect to the certificate service on my primary front-end server on the correct port... then it all goes wrong.

The server is supposed to push a copy of the root certificate chain to the desk phone so it can connect over HTTPS. Instead what happens is the phone finds the service on my front end server, generates a request, then times out after 60 seconds. I'm really not sure what would prevent the front end server from giving up a cert when the service is running and can be found by the desk phone.

Anyone know what might be causing this?

Back