Lyft Joins Uber In Offering Upfront Fares

HardOCP News

[H] News
The future is here folks! Lyft has joined the likes of Uber in offering upfront fares so you know how much your ride is going to be. Who needs futuristic flying cars we were promised...we now have upfront pricing!

The cutthroat competition between Lyft and Uber sometimes has an upshot: rider-friendly features tend to spread quickly from one service to the other. And that's certainly true today. Lyft is matching Uber's upfront fares by introducing its own in-app fare previews for all passengers, not just Lyft Line as before. Once you plug in your starting point and destination, you'll know just how much it will cost to get there, including taxes, tolls and Prime Time (aka surge pricing).

So Lyft was only showing you the fare when you got into the car? Man genius idea there.

tbh fams Uber has been good here.The upfront pricing is the reason I stayed away from getting lyft. I might give them a try since lol who is better on the pricing. The real problem I see is that the drivers I have seen drive for both. See competition is a good thing

I took Uber once. The fare came out to $48 when the estimate was $32.

This was a few years ago. I am not sure if the system works differently now.

I took Uber once. The fare came out to $48 when the estimate was $32.

This was a few years ago. I am not sure if the system works differently now.
Just started using Uber recently since I had several business trips to SoCal. All the fares were upfront and exactly what you paid. It even changes super fast, 1 min it could cost $15, next minute the same exact route could be $20. You can gamble if it will go up or down by waiting a little. Once you lock it in that's what you pay. Quite like the service, definitely would consider using exclusively if I lived in a city.

Installed Lyft but never used, definitely wouldn't have if the fare wasn't upfront. This is good to see.

Back