breakbread21
Limp Gawd
- Joined
- Mar 23, 2009
- Messages
- 143
So I came into a 27" iMac that at the very least has a dead power supply. That could be all there is to it, but at the moment I'm not particularly interested in sinking ~$100 on a new PSU just to find out. That said, I do know the panel still works and I'd like to reuse it for a project.
I've been in touch with this Ebay seller
http://www.ebay.com/sch/njytouch/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686
and sent him the spec sheet for the panel (LG LM270WQ1). Unfortunately, he says they can't help me with this panel.
Do I have any options for converting this bare panel into some usable format (DVI/HDMI/Display Port) so that it doesn't go to waste? I had in mind a project to gut the iMac and replace the internals with some other hardware and then interface with the panel. I've scoured the internet for other vendors dealing with similar boards, but most of what I find is for converting much smaller lvds panels so I'm kind of stuck at the moment.
I've been in touch with this Ebay seller
http://www.ebay.com/sch/njytouch/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686
and sent him the spec sheet for the panel (LG LM270WQ1). Unfortunately, he says they can't help me with this panel.
Do I have any options for converting this bare panel into some usable format (DVI/HDMI/Display Port) so that it doesn't go to waste? I had in mind a project to gut the iMac and replace the internals with some other hardware and then interface with the panel. I've scoured the internet for other vendors dealing with similar boards, but most of what I find is for converting much smaller lvds panels so I'm kind of stuck at the moment.
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.