| LUMO |

Thanks ASUS RoG Nordic!

RvuFLIT.png

New HDD has arrived and one side is done!!!!

Except for a de-sticker after the drive has been validated of course.

AIV9s6x.jpg

hQEXRXf.jpg

The fill port.

iHghLlj.jpg

Im going to give up on trying to take photo's of the glass without reflections...

8lqIz2g.jpg

YU2eoD2.png

So,as im in Bit techs MOTM,I thought LUMO needed a update.
Its looks like not much has happened,its because everything is behind the scenes,the wiring is all run behind the tray,no room for the GPU power like first thought,you will see a bundle of wiring coming out the back in one shot as they need to be trimmed back,they were cut extra long to go behind the tray but it didnt happen.

Plus I get to try out my polarizing filter!

KoldKiw.jpg

hPOZffB.jpg

EDkFHKK.jpg

You can barely see the brown board plug terminals now.

W7bJ3Do.jpg

37meAv7.jpg

Next up is the Aquaero/pump/rad bracket that will tie it all together,these brackets were not designed to have this kind of weight on so there is a little sag on the bottom rad box. The bracket will tie it into the vertical rad,adding strength and eliminating the sag.

For the tubing,its looking like the usual mouse gynecology,its tight in that bottom corner!

Thanks for looking and leave a comment!​

How do you do to get sponsored by hardware brands? because i like to build but i can't buy the best stuff.

How do you do to get sponsored by hardware brands? because i like to build but i can't buy the best stuff.

most likely through emailing the vendor with artwork/CAD shots, giving them something to look at, and see what your vision is for the final build

You dont need 'the best stuff' just a bit of skill and some time.

most likely through emailing the vendor with artwork/CAD shots, giving them something to look at, and see what your vision is for the final build

No,what you need to do is have a portfolio of work,forum/media presence and just asking.

You have to complete builds to deadlines and provide sponsor recognition.

Very rarely do I provide CAD renders,normal I just talk them thru what im going to do.

You dont need 'the best stuff' just a bit of skill and some time.

No,what you need to do is have a portfolio of work,forum/media presence and just asking.

You have to complete builds to deadlines and provide sponsor recognition.

Very rarely do I provide CAD renders,normal I just talk them thru what im going to do.

With best stuff i mean standard stuff for you, in my country the hardware is very expensive and with the customs regulations is very rare to find it too.
I have a custom build http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1843172
But even when i have a good income it was a tremendous effort buy the components. In monetary terms buy a i7 4790k is like you have to buy a U$S 1000 processor.

XYuC81B.png

The rad/pump/Aquaero support is done and I have begun tubing up.

Very very tight work indeed!

I still need to make up a 4 pin molex for the Aquaero,I forgot all about it,and finish the last 3 bits of tube.

So very nearly there.....

G8xyeUQ.jpg

DD7Y0xg.jpg

You dont even want to know how tight that tube was to get in there......

qbEAkPs.jpg

On the home stretch now.

I know this log has been quiet for a few weeks but its not been wasted time.

The loop is in and everything is wired,just the rad and window graphics to do!

Have a couple of quick snaps to show whats been happening?

QMTVdwb.jpg

fSHhPZL.jpg

Final shots are being done this week!

A nice view over London from Greenwich park by the observatory,2 offers to buy and a million "What is it?" questions later.....

CN9QrUr.jpg

X0IfyCg.jpg

HGygUnJ.jpg

sUGPHPb.jpg

nryFdXt.jpg

RdbGzQ3.jpg

8qUKLk2.jpg

7HVJWAq.jpg

EcTvPs8.jpg

'Studio' shots later on!​

Last shots with a new coolant,yellow pastel with half a bottle of UV green in it....

Just fettling the OS ready for I series and letting steam fill up all the drives.

exCpO4o.jpg

Syy4xFF.jpg

You can see how tight it was to work in there in this shot.....

ztINYKj.jpg

RILPkaw.jpg

cFFgQ7f.jpg

SViHXtT.jpg

gm0aJBv.jpg

utCeoKJ.jpg

qUxkYVC.jpg

Im about ready!

Wow, when I was on page 1 looking at individual parts with that color, at first I thought, eww! Then as I progressed my :eek: slowly built up and at the end, amazing! Such a work of art. I always wished I had the skill and designer mind to come up with something as cool as that! Now yours is my favorite next to L3P!

What I did on my holidays by B NEGATIVE.....

I SERIES!!

I even wangled it to have WiFi access so I could play games while being herded by kids wanting to play Goat Simulator.....
Plenty of Solidworks action for the In Win 901 im currently planning whilst 'On Stand' which was fun.

3eTXkOy.jpg

OodSJ2X.jpg

Also sorted out what I needed for the LUMO rebuild too!

Back