Lumia 900 vs Lumia 920, my quick comparison

What does Google nav do that Nokia drive does not?

I can name a few things that Nokia does that google cant'...

I'm admittedly one of the biggest WP8 fanboy's out there, but as nice as Drive is I can think of a few things Google Maps does better ....reading actual street names and the ability to easily reroute come to mind right away. Why Drive doesn't say street names baffles me, being that Bing Maps did it in WP7. Nothing worse then being told to turn right in 200yds and there's 3 exits right next to each other.

Not sure I can agree with this either, I like Nokia Maps, don't get me wrong but their products are not anywhere near as full as Googles.

Where I live (Finland) Google maps just doesn't offer as much detail as Nokia maps. Nokia maps gives layout of shopping malls for example so that I know exactly where certain shop is. the one time I tried google's navigation it was really poor experience (probably thanks to Galaxy S extremely crappy GPS and it recently came available). It also sucks that I can't preload maps. Few tiles only? You gotta be shitting me... I'm not sure how well routing works in offline if it even works.

Drive absolutely says street names. You just have to download the Street Names voice pack for it, easy as can be.

Don't be embarrassed I had no idea as well and I'm a WP advocate. :p

Drive absolutely says street names. You just have to download the Street Names voice pack for it, easy as can be.

I have a Lumia 900. Is Street Names only available on WP8? I don't see it in the list of voices.

Back