luke warm 285 @ BB

good, gonna ebay these 260's and go get one...... ( and before you say it, yes i know 2 x 260's are faster but im gonna get another 285 next month to go with it )

I found out that going for a single fastest card gives a much more consistent gameplay. That is precisely why I just bought a 285GTX OCX

Thanks need to see if I can dig up some ten percent off coupon or something then this will be Hot, if anyone has one or knows where to get one share please.

"consistent gameplay" I think he just means constant framerates, thats what I got when I went from 2 4850s to a single 260gtx, not better over all but more consistent framerates from game to game, Ie i get 40fps in cod4, and 39fps in crysis, vs 60 in cod4 and 20 in crysis.(not actual frames), or was the "what?" just for the randomness, that would make sense too

Thanks need to see if I can dig up some ten percent off coupon or something then this will be Hot, if anyone has one or knows where to get one share please.

"consistent gameplay" I think he just means constant framerates, thats what I got when I went from 2 4850s to a single 260gtx, not better over all but more consistent framerates from game to game, Ie i get 40fps in cod4, and 39fps in crysis, vs 60 in cod4 and 20 in crysis.(not actual frames), or was the "what?" just for the randomness, that would make sense too

ive looked and cant find a coupon, but would be nice if someone else had one, then that would shave off the tax.

Games on my 295 are pure liquid - minimum, average and maximum frame rates are unreal. There's a lot that factors in, like drivers, motherboard, etc. You are more likely to get a consistent experience with a faster single card, BUT it can be done with dual cards, you have a better chance doing it today than in the recent past, and the dual cards really helps out with those higher resolutions on bigger screens.

ive looked and cant find a coupon, but would be nice if someone else had one, then that would shave off the tax.
Last time I checked their coupons excluded computer peripherals so it probably doesn't matter.

Too bad there isn't one in stock close enough to me to matter...:( I'd almost get it for the instant gratification.

I think I have a few rewards zone bucks myself. Would like to get one for my new build.

I know what he's talking about, have experienced it through many builds both SLi and single card setups. Basically when the going get's tough 2 lesser cards sli'd will struggle much more than a single card. There are some games I suppose perfectly optimized that this is not really noticeable with or perhaps it's just that the gpu's are so advanced at this point that neither a single 285 nor a 260 would struggle in which case the sli usually outperforms the single card setup. However for the most part if you've got a game that brings a card to it's knees 1 uber gpu setup will greatly enhance your experience compared to 2 lesser cards in sli.

Back