Lucid Hydra 5770

I think Lucid's tech has a lot of potential. The scaling just needs to get a bit better.

Watching this one...

This could help with upgrades, upgrade GTX 285 to a 5870, and use both for somwhting usefull, unlike PhysX.

But if every single card had a Lucid chip, wouldn't that be a waste of 1 (or 2, or 3) Lucid chips? You only need one...

Colour me skeptical. Hydra in general takes a given amount of bandwidth off the chipset (say, 32x PCIe lanes) and redistributes them to two, three or four video card slots, effectively becoming the communications hub for all the cards. It then intercepts and distributes the signals from the software, and routes them to each card as appropriate.

This implementation is only getting a single x16 link, and it doesn't have any way to bridge its signal back into the motherboard- even assuming the software does allow it to internally route the data back into the motherboard and a different PCIe slot, the latency will be horrendous!

Innovative and interesting, but not feasible IMO.

You guys need to really look at the numbers the hydra is producing. The last time I checked, every single benchmark showed a single 5870 beating a 5870+285, and every other combination thereof. Sure, drivers could probably clean that up, a lot. But this isn't ATI or Nvidia. I doubt they will be improving the drivers to acceptable levels any time soon.

i swear power color comes up with the most randomest shit ever...first their eyefinity 6/5 shit and then this lol... i wonder what their R&D lab monkies will come up with next

i swear power color comes up with the most randomest shit ever...first their eyefinity 6/5 shit and then this lol... i wonder what their R&D lab monkies will come up with next

Kind of like Galaxy, they can't make good cards, so they need to make this crazy stuff that useless for press, and stuff that will never hit the market.

Kind of like Galaxy, they can't make good cards, so they need to make this crazy stuff that useless for press, and stuff that will never hit the market.

actually, PowerColor makes lots of fine card, their 5870 PCS+ were pretty darn good.

they were pretty bad, but recently they starting to get A LOT better..

actually, PowerColor makes lots of fine card, their 5870 PCS+ were pretty darn good.

they were pretty bad, but recently they starting to get A LOT better..

I'll take your word for it.

Anyways, maybe I was kind of harsh comparing them to Galaxy.

I'll take your word for it.

Anyways, maybe I was kind of harsh comparing them to Galaxy.

Powercolor actually tested 3 times to assure no DOA or malfunctioning in their high end lineup.

I'm not sure about their customer service on RMA's though.

Back