LSI Megaraid issues

vraa

Gawd
I have an Asus p5bv-c mobo

I have a RAID 10 over the LSI Megaraid ports (4 drives)

My win 2k8 setup crashed, does not boot up, holds at crcdsk.sys
I put in another hdd on the Marvell ports, got Win2k8 running on that

Now after I've installed Megaraid storage controller, it shows the four disks from the RAID 10 as UNCONFIGURED.

When I boot and press CTRL+M to access LSI bios, it does show the RAID 10 volume is still there, and the consistency is OK (I've done consistency checks)

Any advice / suggestions? At this point I just want to be able to view the RAID 10 array and pull files from it to put on to the 5th (new hdd) and start over on the array.

When I open Disk Management it only shows the new drive (5th drive, the on on the Marvell)
It shows a 4gb usb stick I have inserted
And it shows the CD Rom drive
But not the RAID array :(

Megaraid storage controller in Windows is showing me different information from what megaraid bios config says :(

Okay so now what I've done is uninstalled the LSI Storage Manager, that wasn't helping any

I tried to boot into my RAID 10 array again and it gets to the same point, crcdsk.sys, but that does mean the array is working fine

I tried ACTIVE@ Boot Suite and it can see the RAID 10 array fine and read from it, I just don't have any FAT drives to copy to :( haha

wish i could help. haven't had a LSI failure yet myself, but this is precisely why I do a full image everyday. R-Drive Image _for_ _the_ _win_. (this is in addition to backup exec doing it's thing as well.)

Yes I am smart that I have kept 5 minute rsync all the files to ZFS opensolaris

Still want to try to figure out what happened though, the discrepency between what lsi bios says and what lsi software says is confusing

Back