VanFanel89
2[H]4U
- Joined
- Apr 21, 2004
- Messages
- 2,933
Gents,
A great tragedy has occurred overnight! I went to check on my bighugegiantserver (thats how I named it), comprised of an Asus KGPE-D16, two Optys, and an LSI 8408e powering 5 hitachi 2TB drives.
The Controller has been epic for the past two years; didn't miss a beat... but this morning I realized none of my VMs were responsive and those that were, were throwing a shitload of mysql errors. A quick peak at the activity lights yielded... darkness.
Upon forcing a reboot (since Xen was non responsive), I tried going into the Controller's BIOS (which loaded), but was greeted with extreme sluggishness; it would barely respond to button presses and some menu options simply did not work. It also did not see any physical drives or any virtual drives, but did recognize the 'enclosure.'
The Controller does have 256 MB of DDR RAM - wonder if that could have gotten bad?
So - what options do I have? Could I get the same controller and swap it around and hope for the best? The drive are in a RAID 5 with two virtual volumes... one 500 gig and one about 7 TB.
Thanks in advance!!
A great tragedy has occurred overnight! I went to check on my bighugegiantserver (thats how I named it), comprised of an Asus KGPE-D16, two Optys, and an LSI 8408e powering 5 hitachi 2TB drives.
The Controller has been epic for the past two years; didn't miss a beat... but this morning I realized none of my VMs were responsive and those that were, were throwing a shitload of mysql errors. A quick peak at the activity lights yielded... darkness.
Upon forcing a reboot (since Xen was non responsive), I tried going into the Controller's BIOS (which loaded), but was greeted with extreme sluggishness; it would barely respond to button presses and some menu options simply did not work. It also did not see any physical drives or any virtual drives, but did recognize the 'enclosure.'
The Controller does have 256 MB of DDR RAM - wonder if that could have gotten bad?
So - what options do I have? Could I get the same controller and swap it around and hope for the best? The drive are in a RAID 5 with two virtual volumes... one 500 gig and one about 7 TB.
Thanks in advance!!