LSI 3080X-R

Darakian

Supreme [H]ardness
Does anyone have one of these? I just picked one up for a storage system and I'm having a number of issues. First when the system starts up I hit F8 to head into the config and it just doesn't do anything. Boot continues as normal. Second the speeds I'm getting are horrific (~100KB/s). This is all under freebsd (nas4free) which is not technically supported for this card, but this feels wrong none the less. Is there something I'm missing?
Drives are 2TB hitachi deskstars which get ~100MB/s direct on the motherboard.

I have one, but I don't really have answers to your questions.

Have you flashed it to IT firmware?

Have you tried investigating speeds with different drives or different software (perhaps something Solaris-based, for example)?

I have one, but I don't really have answers to your questions.

Have you flashed it to IT firmware?

Have you tried investigating speeds with different drives or different software (perhaps something Solaris-based, for example)?
Have not flashed IT firmware. Not sure where to find a link for that as LSI's site is a pain to navigate. Working on different software now. Linux is the next OS as it's listed as a supported OS.

Edit:
I should note this is technically an HP version (had an HP logo on the pci slot cover). But I found this.
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-stable/2009-November/052802.html
Implying that the controller is supported by freebsd.

Edit #2:
Getting ~40MB/s under linux. Big step up, but gonna check the firmware now.

Edit #3:
Link that leads to the firmware.
http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/ProLia...rivers-and-firmware/td-p/4525742#.U78y0rFNx8Q
You can use 7zip to open up the exe and pull out the firmware (68I_R_LD.fw) and run it with the sasflash program (also in the exe).
sasflash -fwall 68I_R_LD.fw
This verifies then flashes the firmware on the card which is of revision A0 if you get the HP version.

SAS config menu still doesn't initiate with f8 during a boot up.

Last edited:
Back