• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

LSI 2108 ROC Heating Up

ToddW2

2[H]4U
Joined
Nov 8, 2004
Messages
4,017
Right now I have a fan on the 2108 chip, but am looking to put on a better heat sink/fan combo.

It's approx 40mmx40mm any suggestions, or anyone done this?

It's "ONBOARD" (on my motherboard) but there are holes for the current heat sink they're not simply 'stuck' on.
 
Thanks, I'll measure from hole to hole to be 100% it fits.

BUT, that's exactly what I'm looking for.
 
Thanks, I'll measure from hole to hole to be 100% it fits.

BUT, that's exactly what I'm looking for.

if you running 24/7 , please pick a good fan.

my suggestion : SUNON HA40201V4-0000-C99 (double depth) or SUNON FN-HA40101VA-0000-999 (single depth)

you do not need to replace your heatsink, just add the fan

I am using SUNON HA40201V4-0000-C99 on my HBA card.
 
I have a NOCTUA 40mm on there now, probably go with something else I have. I need to check. It may be a SUNON actually.

Either way, it's now in a Supermicro 4U with massive airflow, so it may not even be needed anymore. Either way, it's staying on :)

Thanks for the input, and part #s, very nice to get part#s!!!

The sound isn't an issue so I'd rather go for more static pressure and sound, than less and less... so I'm gonna compare what I got to what you suggest :) :)
 
I would put a radiator made for passive use, then stuck the 40mm fan you already have on it.

Something like that :
R0467551-01.jpg
 
I have a NOCTUA 40mm on there now, probably go with something else I have. I need to check. It may be a SUNON actually.

Either way, it's now in a Supermicro 4U with massive airflow, so it may not even be needed anymore. Either way, it's staying on :)

Thanks for the input, and part #s, very nice to get part#s!!!

The sound isn't an issue so I'd rather go for more static pressure and sound, than less and less... so I'm gonna compare what I got to what you suggest :) :)

Sure, you will no problem with airflow on SM 4U :D

I have two of SM 3U, one of SM 4U, two of 1U :D...
build is amazing and can get easily used (with or without rails) on ebay without forking much $$$$
 
Yeah for size, specs are impressive.

Air Flow 24.0 CFM (0.680m³/min)
Static Pressure 1.075 in H2O (267.8 Pa)
Noise 54.5 dB(A)
Power (Watts) 6.00W


Obviously it's loud, and draws a decent amount of power. I have various fans, small to commercial 3500cfm for CNC machines and I got a few of these tiny ones coming for a project that should be fun :) Although, I'll most likely swap out to some other commercial fan that's larger this will be entertaining :D
 
Back
Top