Lshost.exe

fusionrs

[H]ard|Gawd
Alright I get an error on startup about lshost.exe every time I start my computer. I can just press don't send on the error reporting and be on my way. I don't notice anything different. I have ran House Call AV, Norton AV, Spy Bot S&D, Ad-aware, and Hijack This. None of them come up with anything about lshost.exe also lshost.exe is not on the msconfig. Any Ideas as to what it could be and any possible way of stopping it. I searched the registry for lshost and it comes up in a few places.

In the netsvc folder EventMessageFile, C:\WINDOWS\system32\lshost.exe then it comes up under Microsoft Network Service for Windows it says the display name is netsvc...Please help a brother out :) :cool:

Hmmm, in our company lshost is an environment variable we set in system props. It's a license server for construction estimating software. I would guess if this isn't the case, it's probably undoc'd spyware of some kind. Google shows a bunch of foreign sites w/ the word virus here and there... check your startup files and reg keys.

Originally posted by psychosonik
Hmmm, in our company lshost is an environment variable we set in system props. It's a license server for construction estimating software. I would guess if this isn't the case, it's probably undoc'd spyware of some kind. Google shows a bunch of foreign sites w/ the word virus here and there... check your startup files and reg keys.

What kind of program do you use? Also I have used black ice and zone alarm as well as tiny and am not getting any weird attacks. I really have no clue what it could be.

We're a construction company, and we have software called Timberline (also called precision) that helps us estimate the cost of new jobs. The install puts an environment variable called lshost in the system properties. I doubt that is what your'e reffering to, but like I said google resolved it as something fishy. Check your services, I think I've seen this listed as "license service" or something generic like that...

go to services in control panel and u can shut it off. i'm not sure which description it corresponds to but if u double click it it should come up with something. then u can disable it or shut if off.

Originally posted by Qwertyman
go to services in control panel and u can shut it off. i'm not sure which description it corresponds to but if u double click it it should come up with something. then u can disable it or shut if off.

Yes that may work I will have to try that. Also I may not want to do that because it may correspond with something important. Any other ideas as to what it actually is.

yea later today i'll post a website that tells u what it is i think its blackviper.com or something like that.

Originally posted by Qwertyman
yea later today i'll post a website that tells u what it is i think its blackviper.com or something like that.

Yes please do that thanks!

In the services I found the one associated with lshost.exe it is called netsvc...I set it to manual instead of automatic. I have yet to restart because of downloads going on...Hopefully this does it. I still do not think it is a virus. I have scanned with everything under the sun.

it is a network host it should fix it if u shut it off. though i don't know if it corresponds with a network function u might need. test around for a while to see if it effects anything.

Back