lsass.exe Invalid Parameter @ Win Server 2003 emergency!

asty

Weaksauce
Hello, I am praying that I have come to the right place because I am way over my head trying to fix a server when my experience is limited. I don't know what to do if I don't fix this soon I don't know how the office who owns the server will function on monday...

They have been using Windows Server 2003 free evaluation from microsoft, i believe it was a 180 day evaluation. Time limit was approaching so they bought the full version and asked me to perform upgrade. Found instructions from microsoft and seemed simple enough: boot from CD, follow procedures to instlal windows but when it detects an OS is already installed, select repair. I did that and everything worked great. Files copied, computer rebooted, got instlalation screen, it would not accept license key. I rebooted and now I have this error:

lsass.exe - System Error
An invalid parameter was passed to a service or function.

clicking ok will reboot. Setup tries to restart before this error appears. I also can't even find the same repair option when booting from CD now (only repair console). This is happening in safe mode as well.

Does anyone have an idea?

Back