• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

LP-8186 Router Help Needed :(

grss1982cvg

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 10, 2010
Messages
139
It's a wireless router with 4 Ethernet ports. This router usually has two computers connecting to it, one of the computers are experiencing problems with browsing the Internet. Sometimes web pages error out or the pages just refuse to load. The other computer meanwhile is downloading some stuff at the same time that the 1st computer is having trouble with surfing the net. Both computers are using Ethernet cables, no wireless connections. Also when I disconnect the ethernet cable of the computers that's downloading somehting the connection imrproves for the computer that's just surfing.

Question: Do I have a defective router here and thus would it be better to buy a better brand (I'm actually considering this model: http://www.buffalotech.com/products...0-high-power-router-access-point-whr-hp-gn/)? OR do I just adjust some settings on the router to make it more efficient?

TY for any advice.
 
Back
Top