LP 3065 HP 30inch... one dead red pixel...

Technically it is one subpixel stucked permanently on.. I suppose the other 2 subpixels are functioning.. That would be one subpixel in 12.288 million subpixels

you have a 30 day satisfaction guarantee, use it. Alternatively is to stick w/ that dead pixel for the next many years. I don't think you want that

Change your background to red! (grin) Kidding.

I'm in the same boat. Got a 30" dell a couple weeks back and noticed a single red pixel on black. I'm going to try running a movie that flashes colors (google for m4v56052.mp4) to see if that unsticks it. Forgot that the monitor is rigged to go into sleep mode, so have not done an overnight run yet.

its not a stuck sub pixel thats red. Its a red subpixel thats black. (dead)

If i use the 30day.. what do i say? Do i return it cause of the pixel, or do i just return it for another reason and order a new one again?

I ordered it from HP's small buisness website

ok quick call to hp... They do not take returns without a 15% restocking fee. I have to go through tech support. (he put me through to tech support, and i hung up.)

Should i say to tech support that the monitor has a dead subpixel?

Ya it is tech support you have to talk to. Someone besides me has to respond here. I would think that you could tell them that there seems to be a problem with several of the pixels in the unit.
Your still within the first 30 days correct? I would call and see what they say. But I wish someone else here would respond.

its not a stuck sub pixel thats red. Its a red subpixel thats black. (dead)

If i use the 30day.. what do i say? Do i return it cause of the pixel, or do i just return it for another reason and order a new one again?

But you are NOT returning. YOu are EXchanging. You simply swap one w/ another. HP has a 30 days satisfaction guarantee. You don't need any reason. You just say you are not satisfied because of the dead pixel, as such ask them to swap you another 30" as you are exercising your 30 days satisfaction guarantee option.

now heres the quesiton. Does hp have a 30 day satisfaction guarrantee? I Ask this because i couldnt find any real return or exchange info on their mess of a website

http://h71016.www7.hp.com/HTML/infodesk/returns.asp?oi=E9CED&BEID=19701&SBLID=

Returns
Customers who wish to return product are required to obtain a Return Goods Authorization (RGA) by contacting their customer support representative at 800-888-0292. RGAs must be requested within 30 days of the delivery date. A $15 restock fee will be deducted from the total credit if the return is received within 30 days of delivery and is due to a customer error; customer will be responsible for freight costs to return the product.

If the conditions listed above are not met, the return may be processed as an exception and a 25% restocking fee will be deducted from the refund amount issued; customer will be responsible for freight costs to return the product.

as you can see, there is no re-stocking fee in your situation, the $15 is only applicable if it is due to a customer error. In your case, put a yellow sticky w/ an arrow pointing to that deal pixel on the screen, that way, they can see where that deal pixel is, as such, there is $15 fee.

hmm. In that case should i just order a new one, and return this one when the new one arrives and checks out?

No, you tell customer service your intention, which is, send your dead pxiel monitor back, and buy the new one.

They'll probably just ask you to send back your old one, and inspect it, and credit your credit card. And leave it to you to buy a new one on a separate transaction. HP Customer service dept. is indepedent of their sales dept. i.e., they don't care if you buy a new one or not.

But do ask them if they are willing to send you a replacement one under the 30 days satisfaction period.

If they just process the refund, you can buy it AFTER you got your money in your credit card.

By the way, another Samsung 30" is out if you can wait for a while. Much better spec. than HP, and if you shop around, they'll be around the same price anyway.

http://www.engadget.com/2007/02/01/samsungs-15-4-30-and-40-inch-led-backlit-lcds/

Back