• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Lowering voltage on vcore for cooling

gporche

n00b
Joined
Jun 5, 2008
Messages
61
At normal (no overclocking) and vcore voltageon auto, my voltage is 1.160. My core temps are 48,43,53,47. I have tinkered with lowering vcore voltage to improve cooling. I have lowered voltage as low as 1.09375 and everything is stable. I saw a few deg lower in colling. My question is will it cause any problems by running the lower voltage? My Q9450 with 4gb DDR3 1333 ram is more than enough to handle all my needs (don't play games)
 
Of course not, you can lower the voltage all you want. Just be sure and test for stability thoroughly...

Also, make sure you are using RealTemp to monitor your core temperatures. CoreTemp, HWMonitor, and the like currently read the temps wrong on 45nm quads. They read around 10 - 15 degrees higher than they actually are....
 
Thanks. For the last 3 hours, I have been running 1.09375 volts. I see maybe 2 deg C lower temps. I am using Real Temp.
 
Back
Top