Orange Marmelade
n00b
- Joined
- Jan 28, 2016
- Messages
- 23
My laptop with a Core-i5 (@max2.7Ghz). Is set at 40% power (@max0.7Ghz). But it still heats up quickly within 5 minutes to 60-65-degrees (celcius) transcoding a video.
With normal use (at the same lowered processor state of max0.7GHz) with less demanding tasks like websurfing. The cpu reaches 55-60-degrees (celcius) regularly as well every 5-10-15 minutes. It depends. After which that annoying fan begins to spin again.
I thought less power to a cpu equals less heat. At expense of processing power ofcourse. But that would be fine by me. But seemingly this doesn't work.
According to Ark.Intel, this i5-3337u has a TDP of only 17 Watts
What am I not understanding correctly?
With normal use (at the same lowered processor state of max0.7GHz) with less demanding tasks like websurfing. The cpu reaches 55-60-degrees (celcius) regularly as well every 5-10-15 minutes. It depends. After which that annoying fan begins to spin again.
I thought less power to a cpu equals less heat. At expense of processing power ofcourse. But that would be fine by me. But seemingly this doesn't work.
According to Ark.Intel, this i5-3337u has a TDP of only 17 Watts
What am I not understanding correctly?