• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Lower VRM temps with 8.9beta 4870

turboz22l

n00b
Joined
Nov 10, 2007
Messages
27
So in a few places people keep calling me crazy, and a few people have given me what seems to be a logical explanation. But maybe some others have insight so im coming here. When I went to the 8.8 betas I noticed my VRM temps dropped while running furmark from capping out at 125-126c down to 85-90c. I mentioned this on other forums not sure if I can mention names or not. And people said I was crazy drivers couldnt effect your VRM temps. Well now that I have the 8.9 betas I am getting 77c-82c with same ambient room temperatures as before. Maybe because the VRM's were getting so hot ATI implemented something that runs furmark at a lower speed ? I am not sure just trying to get some answers :)
 
I've got 8.8 and this is what GPU-Z says... which temps are you refering to?


0-1.gif
 
You can read VRM temps thru everest or thru gpu-z .6 or the new .7.

here are some before and after furmark screens on 8.8 beta's

furmarkvrmtemps2om9.jpg

By turboz22l at 2008-08-30



furmarkvrm1hh3.jpg

By turboz22l at 2008-08-30

as you can see at the bottom of gpu-z it shows vrm temps
 
sorry for the gigantic pictures LOL. I keep forgetting I got a new monitor. anyways here is screeny after renaming furmark to fmark. to show that amd just made a driver hotfix to make furmark run slower. half the frames. I am still stable but getting damn close to that 125c mark. altho im overclocked as well. my gpu is on water and the backhalf of the card is modified stock block with better thermal pads.

 
Back
Top