• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Low xfx 5870 3dmark06 score

Silver5656

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 10, 2004
Messages
238
So my scores for the 3dmark06 is in the low 13k (6k sm2 4k sm3 4k cpu or whereabouts). This is on a fresh install of win 7 ultimate 64 and catalyst software and chipset drivers. Dirt 2 is running slooooow/glitchy (which is why i benchmarked). Any ideas? oh and my ram is running at 1066 as I have everything in bios set to auto with no changes. Specs are in my sig below
 
Have you messed with the driver's 3D settings? If you put AA up high, set the filter to Edge-Detect, or turned on Super-Sampling it could explain your symptoms. If not that, I would try another set of drivers. They are by far the biggest problem with the 5800 series. Also, make sure you're not playing a video that is hardware accelerated in the background, since that will lock the core/memory speeds to 400/900. If it's none of these, then I'm at a lost. Even at stock clocks, your system should be running smoothly.
 
check the temps of the gpu. It may be running hot and down clocking. IfTHen make sure you have the newest cats and the ones meant for your card ati has drop down boxes when choosing. Your driver package may have just been curropted.

To be frank i don't know what 3dmark 06 should have. What other games do you have that you can test ?
 
score should be about 19k-20k (on the high end) so low 13k is pretty bad. I havent installed any other games as I havent gamed on a pc in years (the last game i played on pc was counter-strike) What program should I use to check gpu temps? It doesnt feel hot (or even warm, it feels pretty cool). I do have the newest cats installed. Which other set of drivers would I try?
 
If you go into ati's control pannel and go to overdrive it should have a temperature deal with fan speed. You can unlock and try upping the fan speed if it seems your temp is going up to high. I don't know what the 5870 should be off the top of my head but i'm sure review sites have case temps to give you a decent idea.

Also if you go to the ati sub forum here there are leaked cats that should come out later this week i think. You can try and see if those fix the problems.
 
should be over 20k for sure. I was getting 24k with a 4ghz i7 with a 5870 with slight overclock.
 
Check your bios. You may be throttling or it may be speedstep. Though hell, if your I7 is stock at that low clock, that can be a factor too.
 
well i changed my ram to xmp profile 1 and its set to 1600 and my score went up to high 18k. Still seems low, although now dirt 2 runs fine. Are there any programs that are more accurate on benchmarking the gpu/cpu? been reading up on 3dmark06 and it seems as if it may not be very representative.
 
what cpu do you have and what speed are you running it at?
he said

So my scores for the 3dmark06 is in the low 13k (6k sm2 4k sm3 4k cpu or whereabouts). This is on a fresh install of win 7 ultimate 64 and catalyst software and chipset drivers. Dirt 2 is running slooooow/glitchy (which is why i benchmarked). Any ideas? oh and my ram is running at 1066 as I have everything in bios set to auto with no changes. Specs are in my sig below
 
running a i7 920 d0 at stock cpu speeds. I am running 3dmark vantage. will post results later
 
well, just ran vantage. i am getting a score of 17k for the main score, cpu and gpu score (roughly 17kish).
 
Back
Top