Low utilization of 1060

melk

[H]ard|Gawd
vsync off in nvidia cp, vsync off in games. monitor set to 144hz in windows.

per Afterburner graphs, GPU power usage and utilization will be very low, <50%.

Temp is plenty low, ~50c typical.

Why won't the card draw more power to raise fps more? Very annoying to basically using "half" the card.... with vsync off utilization should be pegged at 100% trying to render as many frames as possible, no?

1080p resolution, cpu is 4790K

Game is MWO which admittedly has horrible optimization, so that may in fact be the real culprit. I'll need to test further with some other titles.

CPU is generally 30-50% while in game. FPS are 60-110 ish but my contention here is that the refresh rate is 144 (nvidia cp set to "prefer highest available") and vsync off everywhere, shouldn't the card being showing very high utilization trying to render as many frames as possible? instead it's generally at 40% utilization in game, along with power. it's definitely not thermal related as temps are a consistent 50c

How much ram? Mechanical hard drive or SSD? If both CPU and GPU are constantly spiking up and down in graphs instead of being stable, that's the system constantly waiting for page file swapping resources with ram. However, it could just be a poorly coded game since it seems to be a common issue after searching MWO in google.

CPU is on a H105 rad, temps 46-48c. Game is on a HDD, so not ideal. But yes this particular game is notorious for being a steaming pile of code. I'm going to check a few other games and see how it compares, but I usually play this 99% of the time.

Back