LOW temps on a 1090t!

BioInclined

Limp Gawd
OK guys, maybe I am missing something.
From reading around online it seems the 1090t is around 38+*C idle.
Yesterday, i finished my friends rig with a Coolermaster Storm case, Hyper 212 heatsink only with push fan and obviously a 1090t on an Asus M488 Evo mobo.
His idle desktop temp goes down to 12-14*C...WHAT!?
And under load hit maxed(in World of Warcraft) during a moderate sequence at 24*C......WHAT!? Room temp is ~60*F
Tomorrow I'm going to run Intel Burn test to see how it goes(if you guys think its ok) and he said he'd let me OC a bit.
If it's worth it, it has that 3.2 or 3.4 with boost technology or whatever.

Have you guys ever had experience with temps these low? Did we get some freak CPU? This can't be a bad thing right?

My old 1055T idled at 15c. My 1100T idles at 18c. Seems okay to me. Albeit low even more me, his ambient temp is 8 degrees lower than mine.
I've never seen a Phenom II under full load around 38c.

My old 1055T idled at 15c. My 1100T idles at 18c. Seems okay to me. Albeit low even more me, his ambient temp is 8 degrees lower than mine.
I've never seen a Phenom II under full load around 38c.

Wow, maybe i just am not used to seeing temps that low. Last i saw was mine(PII x4BE) but i was on stock cooler and when i switched to the H50 i OCed almost right away. I just thought that temp is amazing to me. I thought i remembered reading the 1100 i think it was with high temps, maybe i was post OCing though.
Thanks for answering so quick too.

the software can be giving you the wrong temp, try another program to read the temps.

also a 1090t isn't going to hit max in WoW, run IBT or prime95 and see how hot it really gets.

It probably is underclocking when idle, it can get down to some pretty low voltages/speeds, so its perfectly possible for it to be that cold, usually when people overclock they disable the auto underclocking software (cool n quiet).

i have a 1055t under a hyper 212, it idles around 20C with cool n quiet turned on, max's around 48C

I also have a 1090T under a 92mm noctua heatsink with two noctua fans on it, it idles around 35c and max's just shy of 60c, it does not have any power saving things turned on.

Its a Thuban, dont trust the Idle temp. Known issue that at idle the sensors are incorrect (hence the crazy low reading)

What are you using to read temps? 12-14c is 53-57f. If the room is 60f, then your whatever sensors you're reading are wrong since it's impossible to have lower temps than ambient; they should be at least a couple degrees above it with air cooling.

Thanks for more insight everyone.
I DID forget about CnQ, i have it disabled on mine for so long. If he doesn't OC I'm going to leave it on just to have the nice temps and save some power. I doubt there would be any issues in game with the milliseconds it takes to "power up"
I will run IBT tomorrow and check out some more temps.

pretty amazing. I'm not used to seeing temps like that either. I wish though.

read my post above yours.....known issue with all Thubans that the idle temp is incorrect by a nice margin.....unelss its changed in later batches (i doubt this), then these 12c readings are horribly off

What are you using to read temps? 12-14c is 53-57f. If the room is 60f, then your whatever sensors you're reading are wrong since it's impossible to have lower temps than ambient; they should be at least a couple degrees above it with air cooling.

read my post above yours.....known issue with all Thubans that the idle temp is incorrect by a nice margin.....unelss its changed in later batches (i doubt this), then these 12c readings are horribly off

You posted that while I was typing my post. Just pointing out that the temp is impossible to have, so it's not something to really get excited over.

not trying to get excited ;) and yes, they are impossible to have unless he lives in the ice castle :D

still doesn't beat my x2 BE-2350 that ran at 4C idle 9C full load (and yes the temp sensors on the BE-XXXX chips didn't work since it was one of the things broken when they converted the x2 5000+ brisbane cores to low voltage BE-XXXX processors)

still doesn't beat my x2 BE-2350 that ran at 4C idle 9C full load (and yes the temp sensors on the BE-XXXX chips didn't work since it was one of the things broken when they converted the x2 5000+ brisbane cores to low voltage BE-XXXX processors)

Actually, the temp sensors were broken in G1 Brisbane, the broken further in G2 Brisbane, and so-on and so-on...

I had a 5000 that idled at -2C and loaded at -8C... That was more an issue with the BIOS on the Biostar TForce 570SLI that was 'fixed' and 'supported' the Brisbane G1 and G2 cores (still couldn't select 1/2x multis, and trying to select anything over 13x wouldn't stick).

Just read the first few posts. Hopefully everyone knows that windchill won't reduce any temperature below ambient..............

Back